Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Thursday Thrifty Throwdown: Indulge Yourself Challenge #7

Posted by   + Show Post

Ohhh, Thurs-day, la di da! Indulge Yourself Challenge #7, cha cha cha! I'm doing the happy dance because I love making people get inspired, indulge in their dreams, and save money at the same time. Really...you can do it. Here are some fantastic ways:

Read a book. Go to the library, head to Amazon or Barnes and Noble and read about your dream. Say you are a baker. There are a bunch of books on how to create a website to get your business to the masses, as well as manuals on creating business plans.

Email the experts. Don't be afraid to reach out to people in your business or doing what you want to do. Say you are a jewelry maker or a embroider. Head to Etsy, see what people are doing similar types of products and email them. Say you admire what they do and ask how they got started. Admit you are looking for advice...you would be surprised how many people will give it to you.

Join an organization and go to the meetings and conferences. There are tons of societies out there for women in any area of business, and they often host expert speakers that are knowledgeable and helpful. Do some Internet research and find those talks in your area or nearby. Say you want to start your own blog? There are great meetings that BlogHer and others organize to help everyone, no matter your skill level. Get inspired to make that dream happen.

How do you stay inspired? What do you do to indulge that big life dream? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/ AnsonLu

by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 17, 2012 at 3:49 PM

great ideas

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Good article!

ReesesPieces
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:49 PM

My dream is to be completely debt free.  I work toward that goal with every budget, every sacrifice, every penny saved.  One day it will happen and then I won't know what to do with myself.  lol.  :)

Kmakksmom
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I don't really have a big dream.  I was able to get my GED last year after being out of school for 14 years.  That was my big dream.  Now I need another one.  Maybe go to college?  I don't know.

amy7243
by Amy on May. 17, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I love to read. I read the Dave Ramseys books to get info on budgeting and becoming debt free.

LOswald0314
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Read a book!

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 12:07 PM
I'm not sure that I have one big dream ...own our home, finish school, get out of debt..all things we, or I, am working towards.
cjsmom1
by on May. 18, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I want to go back to school to become a special ed teacher

cjsmom1
by on May. 18, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Same here

Quoting Wish2Be:

I would like to own a 3-4 bedroom house up north. I am 30....and I dont think this will ever happen for us. :(

cjsmom1
by on May. 18, 2012 at 8:53 PM

CONGRATS!!!!

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I don't really have a big dream.  I was able to get my GED last year after being out of school for 14 years.  That was my big dream.  Now I need another one.  Maybe go to college?  I don't know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)