Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

CSA: Edited in Pink!!

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:24 AM
  • 24 Replies

Or community supported agriculture, if you aren't familiar with the acronym.  We joined the local one in our area this year.  They've had a waiting list since I first learned of their existence, but this year had a few openings.

Starting the week of May 23rd we'll get a weekly selection of fresh produce from a few local farms.  They send an email each week a couple of days ahead of time to let us know what we're getting and suggestions for how to use it.

I'm excited to have fresh produce grown without chemicals at a price I can afford!  Do you belong to a CSA or any other food buying group/co-op? 

Anyone interested in finding out more, you can search your area at http://www.localharvest.org/. There are other sites that do this so if you know of one, please post it!

by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 13, 2012 at 6:37 AM

no, i dont

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 6:41 AM

No.  I thought about it this year since our CSA will let us pay with money or with 40 hrs. labor at the farm, but I didn't sign up.

We have our own large garden, grown without chemical sprays, and that will keep us going for a long time.

MomofNikki2010
by Member on May. 13, 2012 at 6:44 AM
Yes we do and I cannot wait for it to start again! Get ready for WAY too much food and to try things you never knew existed!

Oh and stash away all that money you are saving too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 13, 2012 at 7:44 AM

I didn't not even know anything like that existed.TFS

momto3isme
by Dawn on May. 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM
I don't know if we have one here. That's a great idea I started a garden at my mom's house this year.
AzariahsMother
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:28 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Yvonne on May. 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM

wow didnt know about this.. now I will look into it.. this is a great idea :)  Thanks for sharing.

ReesesPieces
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM
I want to find one in our area
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by Suzie on May. 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Very cool! Hey Kelly you should come join my blog frog community! I would love for you to show off your blog there! 

Stevensmomma
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM

i didnt know their was a such thing out their

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN