Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

money issues!

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:31 AM
  • 28 Replies

hi my name is Dayna im 18 and married. i have a 2 month old daughter my husband is military and we have money issues. of course everybody thinks military makes good money but they really dont. I need help. im a stay at home mom and i feel like i should bring some more money into the house the only problem is we dont have the money for daycare and id like to be able to have a part time job or maybe a job where i can work from home but i cant find anything like that. I didnt graduate high school which was stupid of me but things happen for a reason. I want to show my husband that we dont have to live every month wondering if we are going to have enough money to buy baby wipes dipers and food. He told me not to worry about it but women are always going to worry about something right? i know money isnt everything but its getting to the point where im stressing about it. please,can anyone give me any advice on what to do about this or maybe where i can apply for part time work!?

american flag ribbon**Say what you want about me but that wont change who i am!**

by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Are you living in a place that would allow you to babysit a few kids for working moms?  Now that school is out/getting out soon, there will be some elementary age kids that will need day care.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 29, 2012 at 8:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I dont know much about this, but can you take some online classes to get a hs diploma or your ged? That would help your job outlook and develop some skills.

mstevens10
by on May. 29, 2012 at 8:18 AM
I agree with Michiganmom if your able to watch a few kids in your home that would help. Also any talents you have or could maybe try to bring out that you can sell? Sewing jewlery ect? Maybe a part time job out of the home when your husband is home at night? There are many ways online and around towns that help you get your diploma or GED. Can you check to see if you qualify for child are assistance?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livinwith3boys
by on May. 29, 2012 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

If he is active duty, see your post financial readiness office, they can help you set a budget...

momto3isme
by Dawn on May. 29, 2012 at 8:27 AM
I agree get your GED or diploma. Watching a couple of kids would bring in extra money. You could save money by making your own cleaning products and cooking from scratch. My SIL cleans a couple of houses for extra money and the home owners let her bring her kids with her when she cleans.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 29, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Have you tried babysitting?

sarahdryer78749
by New Member on May. 29, 2012 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

i know how you feel my husband was an e-1 when we got together and we had a new born it is so frustrating when you see everyone else in high rank driving around in big expensive cars or trucks and acting like they have no problems playing bills first let me say they do. My husband was in the army for 11 years and just got medically retired in jan of this year I was 18 when we got together and 28 now he went from an e-1 to and e-6p the whole time we were together so I understand were you are at. First set money aside for diapers and wipes every 2 weeks coupon like crazy if you are interested and make it a part time job. Cook cheap and wholesome meals so that you will feel like you are contributing. 2. go get you ged, go to the education center on-post and get classes as soon as possible that is one of the most important things you can do to help out your family. both of your husband  need to sit down and make a budget and stick to it. DO NOT CARE IF YOUR FRIEND IS BUYING A NEW COACH BAG AT THE PX AND PUTTING IT ON HER STAR CARD SHE/ HE IS TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH THE JONES AND THE JONES ARE BROKE. 3. trust your husband I know that it is hard with everyone around you showing off it is an Army thing I promise. and 4th remember that you have to show your child that you are responsible and how to have self control when he gets a raise but that into savings, when taxes come put some into savings and pay off bills. go to the library and check out dave ramsey's book the total money makeover it helped us so much trust me being without cable is not bad lol. it is hard and it doesget easier as you grow into being an army wive you will see the mistakes people make and you will learn from them. go to school online after getting your ged and just try to make it in that crazy world without getting to sucked in.

Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl on May. 29, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I also agree get your ged or something similar, look for some kids to babysit and for me I never ever bought baby wipes I always used a wash cloth but then I never bought diapers either. See if you could save a few bucks there. There are always ways to be frugal if need be. Good luck. As my dh says unless you are high up in Military you don't make much money but once you get high up the money is grand!

miss.fitzhenry
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM

my husband is an e-4 and i tried to get help but they said we werent approved cause he made to much money which is BS but anywho. ive been looking for kids and pets to babysit and nobody does that around columbus unless they know you and exactly how does that post readiness thing work?

coupon_ash_back
by on May. 29, 2012 at 2:04 PM

the GED isn't hard imo. I am happy I did it, it led me to a great college . Do you have a financial advisor? I am one of those people that thought the military was good pay... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement