Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Dad. You want to make his day special, but that means what exactly? Does he want to have a big party, with tons of friends and family? Does he want to just chill with your core crew? Does he do what my husband does and not even give you a hint as to what he wants?

Are you at a loss of how to celebrate Father's Day? Here are a few ideas that don't cost much at all to make him feel rich!

Coupon Scavenger Hunt - Get with the kids and make some coupons for Dad (one afternoon of playtime, an evening with the guys, a whole weekend of sleeping in, his choice of pizza toppings and the like). Then hide them around the house and make up hints for a scavenger hunt that he has to complete to collect them. A fun way to give him his gift and spend time together.

Make Up a Show - Again, enlist the kids' help to get this going. Make up a song and a whole funny story about Dad. Get costumes and props and rehearse a bit. Maybe he's a super hero, maybe he's a spaceman, doesn't matter, just create a story, end with a song if you want....have fun with it and I know he will never forget it.

Do Nothing Day - Maybe the best gift is just letting him do nothing. No planning, no huge anything, just let the day go along and take your family where it may. Let him nap, let him play catch - whatever it is he wants to do, let him do it.

How do you spend Father's Day?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Klenger

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-26):
AzariahsMother
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Maybe a BBQ
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:20 PM
The lake/beach if weather is nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelly913
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:34 AM

DH wants to go to the creek, so that's what we're doing. 

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:26 AM

we usually let him do nothing :) and we spend time together as a family. I wish I could give him a whole day and send him somewhere.

elasmimi
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:28 AM

He will be cooking on the grill for us.

daerca574
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:49 AM

we will be watching a movie and will be taking him out to dinner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)