Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Dad. You want to make his day special, but that means what exactly? Does he want to have a big party, with tons of friends and family? Does he want to just chill with your core crew? Does he do what my husband does and not even give you a hint as to what he wants?

Are you at a loss of how to celebrate Father's Day? Here are a few ideas that don't cost much at all to make him feel rich!

Coupon Scavenger Hunt - Get with the kids and make some coupons for Dad (one afternoon of playtime, an evening with the guys, a whole weekend of sleeping in, his choice of pizza toppings and the like). Then hide them around the house and make up hints for a scavenger hunt that he has to complete to collect them. A fun way to give him his gift and spend time together.

Make Up a Show - Again, enlist the kids' help to get this going. Make up a song and a whole funny story about Dad. Get costumes and props and rehearse a bit. Maybe he's a super hero, maybe he's a spaceman, doesn't matter, just create a story, end with a song if you want....have fun with it and I know he will never forget it.

Do Nothing Day - Maybe the best gift is just letting him do nothing. No planning, no huge anything, just let the day go along and take your family where it may. Let him nap, let him play catch - whatever it is he wants to do, let him do it.

How do you spend Father's Day?

©iStockphoto.com/ Klenger

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
deltadawn1975
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I'm not sure what we'll be doing. I am going to go spend the day before father's day with my dad and then we will spend father's day with him and his dad.

Stevensmomma
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:08 AM

We keep it simple we do a nice lunch or we BBQ and just hang out

goddess99
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:32 AM

My dd will be with her dad and my dh and I are going to my dads.

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Good ideas!

othermom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Great ideas

suziejax
by Suzie on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM

thats sweet!

Quoting cjsmom1:

I'm working in the morning. And I'll make his favorite food (lasagna) for dinner.

Machelle669
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM
bump

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:17 PM
this yr i will pry have to work
bonham
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

well we usually do dinner then he just relaxes! ;) So I might take him to a movie if i can get a baby sitter!!!;) IDK yet

AzariahsMother
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Not really sure what we will be doing this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN