Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ask the Expert: Budgeting Throughout the School Year | Get your questions answered by Chase Blueprint!

Posted by   + Show Post

We're very sorry but our expert is not able to answer your questions at this time. Please check out these great posts from our mom, HeatherNYC, to see what she says about budgeting for the school year:

Help Your PTA Save Money

Rethink School Lunch

Get Organized

More budgeting tips from HeatherNYC >>

CafeMom is excited to welcome back Chase Blueprint to the group to answer questions about staying on the straight and narrow through the school year.

With school already in full swing, have you set a budget on school year expenses like lunches, clothes or even class trips? Are you trying to figure out how to save for a family vacation during spring break? It's never too early or too late to budget. Chase Blueprint is here to help you get started or keep you on track for the school year!

You might have questions like:

• How do I talk to my kids about budgeting this school year?
  • How much should I put in an emergency fund for something we're not expecting?
  • Should I set a budget now for all the things coming up this year?
  • How do we afford the sports gear all the kids will need?

Chase Blueprint will answer questions like these in an effort to help you better manage your family's finances throughout the school year.

Post your questions below! We will be posting responses to some of your questions in October!

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Replies (61-62):
mom2klca
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Try frenchtoast.com or marcusuniforms.com  French toast carries plaid. I have the same problem so I order only my dd's skirts through the school and everything else through Marcus Uniforms (they even do embroidery!)

Quoting tayanddyl:

I used to get the uniforms from Wal-Mart in bundles but they are now in plaid and Wal-Mart doesn't carry those :(  I tried K-Mart online also because they have French Toast, but this particular plaid isn't available

Quoting Princessofscots:

Look online for the kids uniforms at walmart.com. We have two kids in uniforms, and spent about that much TOTAL for them both to get set up.
Quoting tayanddyl:

my kids are in uniforms.  How can I budget for this huge expense.  I purchased 1 size 4 smock for my pre-schooler and it cost $54!!!!!!

tayanddyl
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Thanks!

Quoting mom2klca:

Try frenchtoast.com or marcusuniforms.com  French toast carries plaid. I have the same problem so I order only my dd's skirts through the school and everything else through Marcus Uniforms (they even do embroidery!)

Quoting tayanddyl:

I used to get the uniforms from Wal-Mart in bundles but they are now in plaid and Wal-Mart doesn't carry those :(  I tried K-Mart online also because they have French Toast, but this particular plaid isn't available

Quoting Princessofscots:

Look online for the kids uniforms at walmart.com. We have two kids in uniforms, and spent about that much TOTAL for them both to get set up.
Quoting tayanddyl:

my kids are in uniforms.  How can I budget for this huge expense.  I purchased 1 size 4 smock for my pre-schooler and it cost $54!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)