Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

I have a lot of LDS friends and they have told me that they are taught to have a 72 hr bag always ready. I have gave this thought and research and i think this is very necessary, do any one have tips on how to do this cost effectively? We are a family of 6.

Diana 

~ Servant to the most high, ~Wife to Mr. Wonderful ~mother of four amazing boys ~Daughter of two of the most awesome to people ~ Sister to my BFF ~ Friend of my hero ~Wonderful is my life!

"A good leader is not always understood, and a great leader know's that they don't always have to be." ~me from God
www.sorealmag.com

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
cjsmom1
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Sorry about that, I mixed up the letters as I typed. If you were on LSD I doubt you're qorried about packing a bag :)

I've never heard of Latter-Day Saint before but have definitely heard of mormons.

Quoting ReesesPieces:

LDS is Latter-Day Saint (or Mormon). That's what I am. Our church teaches us to be prepared for whatever life can bring - and to be self sufficient, even to being able to take care of ourselves and others.

LSD is a psychotic drug. No worries though - tons of people get it mixed up and it's easy to when typing fast (especially with that darn autocorrect on). :)

ReesesPieces
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Lol. It happens all the time- no worries! :)

So yeah, LDS and Mormon is the same thing. People nicknamed us Mormons because we read the Book of Mormon (along with the Bible) but the actual name of the church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but that's a mouth full so LDS is easier. :)

Quoting cjsmom1:

Sorry about that, I mixed up the letters as I typed. If you were on LSD I doubt you're qorried about packing a bag :)

I've never heard of Latter-Day Saint before but have definitely heard of mormons.

Quoting ReesesPieces:

LDS is Latter-Day Saint (or Mormon). That's what I am. Our church teaches us to be prepared for whatever life can bring - and to be self sufficient, even to being able to take care of ourselves and others.

LSD is a psychotic drug. No worries though - tons of people get it mixed up and it's easy to when typing fast (especially with that darn autocorrect on). :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I had never heard of that before. I think it's always a good idea to be prepared ahead of time.

ReesesPieces
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM
I was also thinking that you should keep them all together in one place. We keep ours in our safe room (a closet under our stairs) which is where we go for tornado warnings. It's a great way to know it's there with you in the event of a tornado or other disaster and everything is all together if we had to leave quickly. We also keep a pair of flip flops for everyone. Things happen in the middle of the night and I'd rather have flip flops than no shoes at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReesesPieces
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Also, we rotate them out every April and October. In April we put Summer clothes in because who would want to be stuck with long sleeves in July? The winter clothes go in the bags in October, because shorts in the Winter would not be fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sdgd21
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 2:30 AM

ROTFLMBO!!! I did not realize the typo! hahahaha

Quoting ReesesPieces:

Quoting cjsmom1:

Dumb question, what's LSD?

I think you would need an emergency medical kit, which you can buy premade or put together yourself (make sure you change out items as they expire, like antibiotic cream). You can find book bags really cheap around October when stores are trying to get rid of what they couldn't sell during back to school. I would also grab things like peanut butter, nuts, energy bars (foods that would help keep you full).

sdgd21
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 2:31 AM

I will edit the lsd thing so funny! 

momto3isme
by Dawn on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
We are prepared from previous experience with hurricanes in florida.
sdgd21
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Quoting momto3isme:

We are prepared from previous experience with hurricanes in florida.

any tips on saving $ while making sure your effective?

sdgd21
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Quoting ReesesPieces:

wonderful video!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN