Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Buying another car

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM
  • 17 Replies

What are YOUR criteria when considering buying a new or used car?  Gas mileage?  Make & model?  Seating capacity?  What else?

by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you've covered the big ones.

momto3isme
by Dawn on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Definitely seating capacity. Gas mileage, and if it has a warranty. I would also have a friend who is a mechanic look at it if its used.
Moms_Angels1960
Yay, our new grand daughter arrived yesterday and she is beautiful
Yesterday at 9:03 AM
by Cheryl on Jun. 10, 2012 at 9:44 AM

How many miles it has on it, the yr the model, if it is automatic it has a center counsel, the color is a big one for me, how good the gas mileage is, the cost

Machelle669
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM
bump

ReesesPieces
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Seating and roominess. I have to fit 5 kids in carseats/boosters in it. Aside from that I look at safety ratings, reliability based on other people's experiences, cost and resale value, the color and overall appearance, and gas mileage (although it's of little real concern to me).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:15 PM
I dont have anything for a home because that dream is on hold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Not looking for a car either, but I always look at ones 5 years under the current year and nothing older, 4 doors, and I look at miles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Make and model, mileage, gas mileage, seating that's all we use when we buy a new car other than that its extra

suziejax
by Suzie on Jun. 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM

all of the above :)

Kelly913
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:32 AM

When we bought our minivan (something we swore we'd never buy), ease of configuring seats and overall capacity were big factors for us.  DH builds musical instruments and on rare occassions we'd be driving a long distance to deliver, so we needed plenty of space and good mileage.

There were extras we wanted that weren't available in the mid range model we got, and it wasn't worth the extra $$ to go to the next level AND pay for the options.  Doing it over, I'd only change the paint color, but it's what we chose at the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement