Group Home

How do you celebrate? Do you splurge?

happy fathers day

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Quoting colbys_mom:

we celebrate fathers day and my bfs bday together bc they are both in the same week.  we go out for dinner and the movies usually.

my dad's bday is the 19th...right around the same time as Father's Day, every year. 

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Dh has said numerous times that he doesn't want anything but I got him a few small things lol. Nothing big though.
aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM
I'm making steaks for dinner as well.
Quoting ReesesPieces:

Hubby got a new pair of shoes and Sunday he will get breakfast in bed (after sleeping in until 8). Then he will get small gifts from the kiddos and after church he will have a steak dinner at home.

carolina_gal
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:01 AM

My dad passed away this year so this was my first father's day without him.  For my husband, we took him to dinner and a movie.

Felicity532
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:03 AM

DS left for a church trip yesterday so DH and I celebrated by taking a long walk then cooked steaks on the grill.

pootersmomi
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:05 AM

When  my dad was alive all he ever wanted was for his kids to come by for a visit. He was a simple man.

gacgbaker
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:24 AM

We usually just spend the day together- this year we got a lobster for my husband- not something I have ever purchased before, but he wanted one and they were on sale- I got a precooked one because I would be clueless on how to make them and I don't have pressure cooker.  

itsblissmas
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM

We don't have a particular way we celebrate. I plan to take him to a professional baseball game on one of their "special events" nights and get decent seats. We usually get "cheap seats" so I guess you could call it splurging. LOL!

Reina13
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:03 PM

We have a pretty low key day, just how he likes it. We make a big deal over him because he deserves it, but we stay in, grill outside and then usually have a really sinful dessert of his choice. We end the day all cuddled up on the sofa watching a movie while the kiddos constantly tell him how much they love him.

Reina13
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM

As far as splurging goes, we do ususally buy him one pretty big gift that we know he has been wanting. This year it was accessories for his Harley.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN