Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

I am looking to take a vacation to Charleston, SC next year. It will be for 7 nights. I am looking to make the trip for under $1000. That includes hotel, flight, spending, and eating.

The hotel room for 7 nights at a Homewood Suites comes out to $1,701.00. Thankfully I work for a Hilton brand hotel so my actual cost after taxes is $307.13. This is for 2 adults and 1 child (I am taking my mom with us).

I checked into flights, but Delta won't let me check for the dates I need. I guess it's too far out? Anyhow, for 2 months before my planned date it showed I was able to get 3 round trip tickets for $708.00

The hotel and the flights have taken my $1000 budget. Now I am working on ways to lower those 2 costs so I can take my son on his first vacation. we have taken mini-vacations. Going my 2 days off to Tulsa since it's within driving distance.

I have signed up for Delta Skymiles and I have earned 2,000, but need around 120,000. Slowly but surely! :) Hopefully things will go as planned and I will get my hotel/flight costs down to no more than $500.

I am a tattooed, bike rally going, Pagan, book addict, recycling, fish loving, homeschooling mother of a 9 year old who is allowed to play Grand Theft Auto and stay up very late.

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Replies (11-19):
cjsmom1
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM

That's a great price for the hotel. Have you looked at webistes like priceline for the flight?

Stevensmomma
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I agree with this

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Have you considered staying in motels or possibly taking a bus or train as opposed to flying?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:20 AM
Flights have been very $$ as of late. I think people are not flying because it cost so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeniNicole83
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:22 AM
I have, but if I can't find them considerably cheaper I can still use the Delta SkyMiles that I have accumulated for a few hundred dollars off (if I don't earn enough for all 3 flights).

I really can't beat the price on the hotel. Especially for a Homewood suites.

Quoting cjsmom1:

That's a great price for the hotel. Have you looked at webistes like priceline for the flight?

I am a tattooed, bike rally going, Pagan, book addict, recycling, fish loving, homeschooling mother of a 9 year old who is allowed to play Grand Theft Auto and stay up very late.

JeniNicole83
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:29 AM
It will be a long process for us to move. I will have to go to court to get permission to move out of Arkansas. My sons dad has standard visitation so if he doesn't agree to me moving out of state I will have to get a judges permission. I don't think it will be hard. My son rarely goes to see him and the schools are much better there than here. I will have to find a better job though.

[quote name="Kelly913" id="0"]

jwbrouss
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:53 AM

We visited Charleston in April 2012. (went on a tour bus from Louisiana - lots of fun.) Loved Charleston,

but ADORED Savannah. I can't wait to go back.

Hope you have a great trip.

JeniNicole83
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Yesterday a coworker was telling me about Savannah! I should check out the area!

shortycmlb
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Fly on Southwest.

JeniNicole83
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Southwest costs more than Delta. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement