Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

I love staying at hotels. Having someone else make the bed every day, the little mints they leave at the pillow, the fresh sheets, the room service...this mama is drooling over a resort's duvet. But, that hotel stay can be shockingly expensive if you don't keep your eyes out for a good deal when booking or watch for hidden fees.

-- When you book, think beyond what the nightly rate says. Key in on deals that offer a free night or free services. When you prorate it out, that nightly rate is a pretty good offer.

-- If you know you will need internet access for the kids (or you) or other amenities, find out how much they cost when you check in...or better yet, before you book. Even though so much is done online, call the hotel and ask about essentials you may need.

-- When visiting a city you that you have never been, don't necessarily scrimp on the hotel and pick one farther away from where you will be doing most of your sightseeing. The time you will spend travelling to and from your hotel is valuable, as is the effort of dealing with trains or cabs. Spend the extra money to be where you need to be - it will turn out to be about the same amount of money if you remember your time and energy is worth money too.

What was your best hotel experience ever? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/Dogayusufdokdok

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-42):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:29 AM

For work when I traveled, I always liked Marriots.

Talliana
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM

We usually stay at the Hilton brand hotels because they seem to treat their guests better than the major hotel brands we have used. We stayed at Pop Century at Disney one time. The kids enjoyed the towel animals and seeing the character shapes everywhere especially at the pools. I loved being able to stay on property at Disney since I had always wanted to be able to afford to do it but never had a chance before. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement