Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Great Rainy Day DIY Fun

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 39 Replies

Sometimes the best days in the summer are when it's rainy. I know it sounds odd, but those days when there are showers and it is still warm out, well, you get to do things you don't necessarily do when it is bright and all sunshine-y. Instead of having a house full of "I'm bored!" -- make those rainy days just as fun as the sunny ones.

-- Go out. Water never hurt anybody (expect the Wicked Witch of the West). With umbrellas and rain boots or in bare feet and bathing suits, head outside and run around. Get a little bit of a Mother Nature Shower. Jump in puddles, make boats for bugs and capture rainwater to use later.

-- Have a pajama day. Stay in pjs all day, eat nothing but pancakes and waffles and just have a movie marathon or play games. The only rule: don't get out of those pjs.

-- Organize the house. A rainy day is the perfect time to organize the "junk drawer" or go through the hall closet. You'd be surprised what fun you may find lurking in there...and check something off of that to-do list as well.

-- Make sock puppets. Gather some old socks, a few random buttons and some yarn and make a few new friends. Put on a show or just play.

-- Have an indoor campout. Set up a fort with blankets in the living room. Grab the sleeping bags, make some hot dogs and not so melted smores.

How do you spend a rainy summer day with the kids? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/Mariapavlova

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I love the fact that the first one is go out anyway! We do that if it is warm.

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

We don't do anything special.  We just continue on with our day's plans.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Play board games, read books. As was suggested above, we go out and splash around.

mallowcup17
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

we usually have a pj day and watch movies. getting ready for one right now actually

elasmimi
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to play in the rain with my kids, but this one is not too keen on the idea. We cook a lot, and read.

elasmimi
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Rainy days are also just meant for napping. We curl up with the cats and snooze the afternoon away.

goddess99
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

We usually do a jammie day. My dd loves them so much she asks to have jammie days even when the weather is nice.

momto3isme
by Dawn on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Read, watch movies, do crafts, clean, or whatever else we had planned.
KaylaMillar
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
We usually have a lazy pajama day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daerca574
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

we usually watch movies or play board games.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)