Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Free Things We All Forget About

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 114 Replies
6 moms liked this

It is so easy to spend money, isn't it? From little treats at the ice cream truck to big splurges like a new TV, it is really easy to just pop open that wallet. Same goes for things to do with the kids. Of course, you can head to the movies or go shopping at the mall, but there are a ton of free things to do that give us that same thrill as buying something.

Here's my list of awesome things I can do by myself or with the kiddo that doesn't cost anything. 

-- Make ice cream sandwiches. Grab that bag of cookies form the cupboard and that pint of vanilla in the freezer and make your own ice cream sandwiches on a hot afternoon.

-- Check out an interesting event in your town. Contact the library or the chamber of commerce or the museum and see what new things may be happening.

-- Read outside. Take your favorite books and a blanket. Head outside to the backyard or the park and have an outdoor reading fest.

-- Write a letter. Think about it....when was the last time you wrote a letter, not an email or a text? Pick up that pen and write a letter. Have your kids do the same. It may start a fun tradition.

-- Stargaze. Look online or check out some books from the library on stars. Read with your kids as to what they may see in the night sky. Pop some popcorn and go outside at night and see what is up there. Look for shooting stars to make a wish.

What are things you love to do that don't cost money? 

©iStockphoto.com/hanibarem

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kelly913
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Play in the irrigated pastures! 

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

go for walks,  play in the backyard, play tennis in our neighborhood park... which also has a petting zoo.  Go to all the township free activities :)

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:50 AM
We go to the beach (free with state park pass) . Or we play in our back yard. 3 kiddos, 3 and under I don't take them very many places.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Going to the park!

momto3isme
by Dawn on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:12 AM
We like to go hiking, on bike rides, to the library, and the lake.
momto3isme
by Dawn on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:15 AM
We also go to free events in the area, and take the kids to play at the parks.
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Biking and hiking, head to my uncle's pond for swimming (he also has a zipline, rope swing, and grills)

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Horseback riding, although the horses do cost us money in feed...so not exactly free.

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Stargazing!  We have a telescope and it's a lot of fun!

sdbrowneyez
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:32 AM
My grandparents irrigate their yard and I loved playing in it when I was younger!

Quoting Kelly913:

Play in the irrigated pastures! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement