Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

It is so easy to spend money, isn't it? From little treats at the ice cream truck to big splurges like a new TV, it is really easy to just pop open that wallet. Same goes for things to do with the kids. Of course, you can head to the movies or go shopping at the mall, but there are a ton of free things to do that give us that same thrill as buying something.

Here's my list of awesome things I can do by myself or with the kiddo that doesn't cost anything. 

-- Make ice cream sandwiches. Grab that bag of cookies form the cupboard and that pint of vanilla in the freezer and make your own ice cream sandwiches on a hot afternoon.

-- Check out an interesting event in your town. Contact the library or the chamber of commerce or the museum and see what new things may be happening.

-- Read outside. Take your favorite books and a blanket. Head outside to the backyard or the park and have an outdoor reading fest.

-- Write a letter. Think about it....when was the last time you wrote a letter, not an email or a text? Pick up that pen and write a letter. Have your kids do the same. It may start a fun tradition.

-- Stargaze. Look online or check out some books from the library on stars. Read with your kids as to what they may see in the night sky. Pop some popcorn and go outside at night and see what is up there. Look for shooting stars to make a wish.

What are things you love to do that don't cost money? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/hanibarem

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
cjsmom1
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Park
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Picnics
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Library
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DC-Nana
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Our family does a lot of volunteer work.  It is fun, free, interesting and you meet the most wonderful people.  It is never too early to teach the kids about giving and sharing with others.  Try it.  You won't be disappointed.

Momforhealth
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM

flashlight walks at night, family bike rides in the park or to library, have dance night, have friends over for game night and ask that they bring a favorite snack or dish, 4th of July fireworks, go fishing, grill out and let the kids play outside, stargazing with telescope,

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:47 AM

ha. i never thought about making ice cream sandwiches myself!

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:47 AM

the sprinkler!

bertie4
by Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Walk outside by the pond. Swing in the porch swing.

annieheart
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM

We go to the free library.My children love it there.It is all so away of giving your air conditioner a break and staying cool. The playgrounds are fun.bring a lunch.Lunch all ways taste better at the play ground or park.

mommynonstop216
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I just made homemade mm cookie sandwiches and they tasted even better that the store bought kindalike our pudding pops. We do scavenger hunts near our place lots of fun. late night walks to catch fireflies and flashlight tag is fun too

quiet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement