Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Bartering?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM
  • 9 Replies

Has anyone ever traded anything they could no longer use? I was just watching a show about that very subject and thought it was neat. I have never traded anything,usually I sell it if I can no longer use something that is still usable. I think it would be cool to trade though!

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ReesesPieces
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM
I've traded services but not items.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:30 AM

I've traded both services and items.  I love to barter!

momto3isme
by Dawn on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
We bartered with friends when we lived in florida.
Stevensmomma
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I trade baby clothes with friends all the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I saw that show too :)  and thought it was cool.  I have not done it, only with my mother and an aunt and usually clothes. Craigslist has a barter section and i put a dvd camcorder, but no replies yet.  I think it would be something good to do, specially because there is no money involved.

e.sugarbaby
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Actually I did this morning.. took some clothes to the consignment shop and they told me I had store credit from previous items that had sold.. so I bought a dress shirt with the tags still on it for my husband... and 2 long sleeve shirts for my older son for the fall (which were on clearance since they were out of season) ... oh and they were from the gap and a pair of shorts for my other son that he can wear this summer... and didnt spend a penny... yea.. wait a minute... and nothing for me... BOOOOOOO... oh well!  :)  I love a good deal!  And all things the family can use without spending.  Now Im more motivated to go through our closets and get rid of things we just dont wear... well, I guess I have my project for the day! or the rest of the week more like it!

suziejax
by Suzie on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Yes I barter with a few people now I am about to strike up a barter deal with another lady 

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:55 PM
No. If i dont need something it goes in my yard sale or is donated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyprice09
by Ashley on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:37 PM

i havent

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN