Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Have you ever been to the Zoo with your kids?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM
  • 40 Replies

Poll

Question: DO you take your kids to the zoo?

Options:

Yes

Never been

Someday I will

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

Have you ever taken your kids to the zoo? We have a great one right here in my state almost 2 hrs away and I have never taken the kids. They are now age 12 & 17! lol We are talking about going. 

I have been to DC a lot since we are not that far but everytime we ride the Metro Subway we make so many stops in a day the DC zoo is at the end of one of the lines we never make it we are to tired from the days walking & fun. So we plan on riding to the end of the line first next time we go to see that zoo also! Hopefully this summer.

What about you. Have you ever taken your kids to the zoo? Was it a large one or small one? Did they like it? Was it coslty?

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:03 PM

We have gone to two diffrent ones

e.sugarbaby
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
We went to the dc zoo for my sons 3rd birthday....he loved it....he will be 5 this fall and has talked about wanting to go back to the zoo! The fall is a great time to go too...not too stinky and hot! And it wasn't crowded so he could skip and run without running into anyone.

xxMocahFrappxx
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Once, last year but this year we're going.
I want these kind if trips to be a regular thing for summer fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by Suzie on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:06 PM

which one did you guys go to? There are two. One that costs money and then the free Metro zoo I think its called at the end of one of the metro lines? Which do you recommend?

Quoting e.sugarbaby:

We went to the dc zoo for my sons 3rd birthday....he loved it....he will be 5 this fall and has talked about wanting to go back to the zoo! The fall is a great time to go too...not too stinky and hot! And it wasn't crowded so he could skip and run without running into anyone.

e.sugarbaby
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

We went to the National Zoo...it was free... and if I remember correctly I think parking was free too.  I know the metro is near there too but we drove.

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I've taken my kids to Clinch Park Zoo in Traverse City.  I believe it's closed now.  My kids loved seeing the animals that are native to our state.  The bears were especially fun to watch as they showed off for the crowd and played in their pool.  Elk came right up to sniff the kids' hands.  I don't remember what we paid, but it was definitely worth it.

When my oldest two were elementary age, we drove 1 1/2 hours to Project Nature, a "zoo" where the animals roamed free in their natural habitats and people rode a train from one area to another.  They also had an area for animals that weren't native to Michigan, and we got to pet a llama and a giraffe...quite a unique experience!  I believe it was $20 or $25 per person but I don't remember for sure.   My grandfather was the one that took us and he paid for our passes.

There's another zoo in Grand Rapids.  My 2nd oldest son and his wife took DD to that zoo last summer.  It cost a bit more and there was a big selection of souvenirs, but they enjoyed themselves.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

We've taken Elijah to the zoo several times. 

We've been to the one in OKC when we visit family & Arbuckle Wilderness. Not technically a zoo, but its AWESOME. 

Then in Washington we've been to the zoo in Tacoma & the one in Seattle several times a year. Also to Northwest Trek, which again isn't technically a zoo, but its amazing. 

And we've been to the Portland Zoo once. We really enjoyed it, but its such a long drive. :/ 

We went whale watching for the first time last year, by far better than ANY zoo, if you ever get the chance, go for it! 

Stevensmomma
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

oh yes we have been to many differnt kinds and its a great trip for everyone !

Lee678
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

We've gone twice this year. We got a family pass for around $90, good for 1 year. So we plan on going more. It's only an hour away for us and free parking. The boys love it.
The picture is from when we went in March and is of my hubby and boys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:31 PM

We have not been yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN