Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Direct Sales... Are you doing it? Thoughts on doing it?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am considering joining a direct sales company.. I've been with one before and even though I love thier products, they're pricey and my customer base can't afford them.. I can't even afford them without the consultant discount! 

So, I'm thinking about joining Scentsy - Has anyone hosted a party with a Scentsy consultant before? What are your thoughts on it..

Do you sell Scentsy? Can you give me your honest opinion on it?

Or are you with another direct sales company that you absolutely love and is affordable for your customers?

Greatly appreciate all feedback about DS!

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
momto3isme
by Dawn on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:49 AM
I haven't done it but good luck!
Kelly913
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I've done a number of things and done well with some, not so much with others.  I personally believe you have to enjoy the product and be a user in order to be a good salesperson for it.  I'm a Prepaid Legal rep, but not active.  I get residual payments every year or two.  Nothing big, but it's fun to get that unexpected check!

As for Scentsy in particular-we don't do artificial chemicals in our home, so it's not something I'd even consider.  My aunt works at one of their warehouses and a cousin is a rep, I just don't know how active she is or how well she does.

For direct sales to work, the cost of the money you're earning has to be built in to the product cost.  If a company like WalMart can sell it for less, most people will go that route.  It takes an alternative mindset for people to be willing to spend a little more to support individuals rather than large corporations, and most people don't have that mindset.  I would look for a service/product that you like and is unique enough to avoid big box store competition.

Sweetree150
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I have tried several direct selling companies as well. Currently  I am a  Avon Independent Sales Representative. Sign up fee was only $10. I love it because you get to meet so many people in the community. Receive your personalized Web page, online tools with an online store so customers can shop at any time, from anywhere, The products are affordable, No inventory required, set your own hours, Complete support and training for your sales success, sell through fundraising efforts and in-home parties/eparties if you choose.

suziejax
by Suzie on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:21 PM

nope not doing direct sales but I am doing some sort of affiliate marketing online

mommyprice09
by Ashley on Jun. 26, 2012 at 6:03 PM

ive never done it

Oliviasmommy131
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I really like doing Country Gourmet Home ( you can see my link if you are interested).

I have a full time job and CGH is NOT my main source of income. But I LOVE their products and since it is food, dinner mixes, baking mixes etc. We are going to use them. I just look at it as a way to get the items I like really cheap or FREe and make a little money on the side. You COULD make it into an income if you wanted, and many women do, but for me it is kind of my side income.

A great place to buy yummy, affordable mixes or become consultant for as little as $5.95.

FindersKeepers
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I love Scentsy products, but think they are kind of expensive.   A friend of a friend sells them.... I think she has a full time job in addition. 

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:29 PM

i bought a generic version of scentsy warmer for my mom..lol..thats about as close as ive come to knowing anything about scentsy

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Quoting Oliviasmommy131:

I really like doing Country Gourmet Home ( you can see my link if you are interested).

I have a full time job and CGH is NOT my main source of income. But I LOVE their products and since it is food, dinner mixes, baking mixes etc. We are going to use them. I just look at it as a way to get the items I like really cheap or FREe and make a little money on the side. You COULD make it into an income if you wanted, and many women do, but for me it is kind of my side income.

I've never heard of that.

baby
disneyrocks
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I've heard about Scentsy but I don't have a friend that sells it so I don't know what their paychecks look like.  I just started a couple months ago with Origami Owl and was worried because I don't know a lot of people and I live in the middle of nowhere so I didn't think I could do it.  Everybody loves it and asks me to do parties for them....so much fun.  It's a locket that tells your story so the customer gets to choose their locket, charms, chain, dangles.  I have never seen two a like.  Feel free to PM me.  I know a little about other direct sales because of other friends but I've heard it's really hard to top our compensation plan

http://www.ktblackmore.origamiowl.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement