Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Direct Sales... Are you doing it? Thoughts on doing it?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am considering joining a direct sales company.. I've been with one before and even though I love thier products, they're pricey and my customer base can't afford them.. I can't even afford them without the consultant discount! 

So, I'm thinking about joining Scentsy - Has anyone hosted a party with a Scentsy consultant before? What are your thoughts on it..

Do you sell Scentsy? Can you give me your honest opinion on it?

Or are you with another direct sales company that you absolutely love and is affordable for your customers?

Greatly appreciate all feedback about DS!

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Replies (41-50):
DebraBrock
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Hi ~ I am with Scentsy...and Avon...and Miche...and Cookie Lee!!! I love them all!

Scentsy is just fabulous! Avon is affordable and you can join my Team for FREE!

And then there's Miche...have you heard of Miche? You buy a purse called a 'base bag' and the you never have to change purses ever again! BUT you can carry a different look every single day!!! You just change the outside cover! WOW! It is as awesome as it sounds! :)

Cookie Lee is also wonderful! It's jewelry very similar to what the other pricey comapnies carry, but it's way more affordable and customer love love love it!

Let me know if you have any questions - I'm not a pushy salesperson and will definitely be honest! I have been a rep for almost everything out there! LOL

All smiles,

Debra Brock

www.youravon.com/DebraB  ~*~  https://DebraB.scentsy.com 

https://DebraB.miche.com  ~*~  www.cookielee.com/DebraB

www.pamperedchef.com (email me)  ~*~  www.scrapxpress.webs.com

Princessofscots
by Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM
I think direct sales in this economy have to be rough. I know that I for one, simply can't afford to drop money on things we just don't need.
Leetzie
by New Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I have worked with two direct sales companies.  One company was skincare & cosmetics.  The other is food.  I didn't have much luck with the skincare company because it is something people can do without.  They were ok with buying their products at stores and it was something they couldn't see spending money on.

Now, I am a Team Manager with Tastefully Simple.  I have been doing this for over 2 years.  We sell food and everyone eats!  Our products are consumable and that is key. I have seen and have been told that people are less guilty about making a purchase because they are buying "groceries" to feed their families and it's practical.   I did start out with friends and family to get my business going and everything branched out from there.  Replying to a previous comment.....I don't do parties with my friends and family anymore because I have clients that I meet other places.  I don't bug anyone about my business.  I have a lot of people that come to me for business.  If we all relied on our friends and family we would be out of business :)

I do choose to do between 8-10 (2-3 hour) parties per month.  I also have a large team all over the US and make an additional income off of my team.  I am a stay at home mom and bring in over $1,000 a month with my business.  I also do a lot of my work from home.  I use Facebook and other sites to promote my business and do many online parties and catalog parties which require no time from me.  With my website I get random orders and emails from people wanting to have a party or to join my team.

I love that I can purchase our produts at a discount and have thousands of recipe and meal ideas at my fingertips.  My husband was skeptical when I wanted to join and said it was a pyramid scheme.  I told him this was legit and I would try it out for 3 months to see where it takes me.  Over two years later I have proven to him that the company is real and yes I do make real legit money.  I could have went to a place like Kohls and gotten a part time job.  But, I would have had to work 3 six hour shifts to make what I now make in one party!  I would also have to work someone else's schedule.  With Tastefully Simple I choose my own hours to work and fit it around my family.

I have also gotten cash bonuses, prized and free vacations from the company.  I hated sales before I started but I have to be honest, this isn't sales in my opinion.  The way I see it is I am sharing some awesome food with groups of people,  I tell them about the products and share recipe ideas and that's it.  Once they try it they are sold and want to buy it.  I don't pressure.  It's not like a car salesman :)  I took a chance and thank my stars everyday for doing it.  I only wish I would have done it sooner :)

I would love to chat with any of you to tell you more about what I do.  No pressure.  I can even send you some info.  Feel free to message me anytime.

allyn9
by Carey on Oct. 21, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I have a niece who seems to have every direct sales party that has even been around.  While I've enjoyed and bought my share of Tastefully SImple and Pampered Chef items, I really can't say I even enjoyed attending many others, much less buying the items, so I can't see myself ever selling any.  

Paparazzi5bling
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:40 PM
I have done Avon for several years, at points I did great. At points, not so great. Ever since we moved it has been the "Not so great" I have only 1 customer and she rarely orders. I started selling Paparazzi Accessories. If you have never heard of it it is $5 jewelry & Accessories. All lead & nickle free. You make 45% on all your sales. I am loving it and people love it too! I made $184 this weekend in profit.
anitarichman
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:09 PM

What is the start up cost for the kit?

Quoting BruaKoPhoe:

Hello Princessracer!

I know a couple of people who sell Scentsy.  I have never hosted a party or purchased any of their products but I believe that they are pretty affordable.  

I am an Independent Consultant with Traci Lynn Fashion Jewelry.  We are a ground floor business with a little less than 11,000 consultants but we are on the verge of hypergrowth!  Our products are extremely affordable (ranging from $16 - $65).  I love the business because I can wear the jewelry and get paid to do it! :)  I would love to share the opportunity with you if you are interested.  We just launched our Fall/Winter 2012 line of jewelry on Saturday, July 28th.  Our website is being updated to reflect the new catalog but you can visit the website and see our Spring/Summer 2012 catalog at your leisure:  

www.tracilynnjewelry.com/catalog

Also, check out this website, you will see that our jewelry has reached the "celebrity community" as well! :)  

http://www.tracilynnmagazine.com/

Thanks!
Carla Conward

Consultant ID #5773

Traci Lynn Fashion Jewelry

anitarichman
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I was thinking of selling Pink Zebra.  How are the products?

Quoting Princessracer:

Thanks for all the tips! I ended up joining a company called Pink Zebra Home..

It's beyond awesome and it's a ground floor opportunity! Check out the catalog on my website:

www.SprinkleMemories.com

Thanks again!

farmraisedkids
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM
I love scented candles and I really love the idea of wickless. I would buy them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomTiara19
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I am making money with swagbucks and having soooo much fun just surfing the web and watching videos..I have gotten a few $15 gift cards from Amazon so far.Great for Christmas!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rainbow676

MissyB1011
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I loved buying Scentsy, but my area got flooded with new consultants. It seemed everyone was having parties to help new consultants. Many of those gals aren't doing it now because there were too many in a small area.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement