Here are the instructions to make your own colored sand.
- Food Coloring
- Glass or Metal Bowl (you can also use paper cups, paper bowls, or baggie)
Use one bowl for each color you want to make. Place the desired amount of sand in the bowl. Pour enough water to barely cover the sand, then add a generous amount of food coloring to each container. Stir and set the bowl aside and let it sit until it is the desired color (this can take a while). Once the sand has reached the desired color, empty out the extra water, and pour the sand onto paper towels to dry.
1. Fill paper cups half full of sand.
2. Add water to cups to completely cover sand.
3. Add food coloring to get the desired color.
4. Stir with plastic spoon.
5. Let set for 15 minutes.
6. Pour off water.
7. Spoon sand onto paper towels.
8. Spread out and allow to dry.
Drying times vary.
To create this centerpiece:
Once you have your colored sand, use any vase or glass, set a candle in the middle pf the vase than just layer the sand anyway you want. Be true to the red, white and blue.