Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Hi ladies, just wanted to wish you all a happy and save 4th of July.

We (my family and friends) will be going tonight to our town park to see the fireworks and the bands (they have lots going on). 

This morning I started the day thinking about what independence means.. and here is what i found in the dictionary:

1. (n.) The state or quality of being independent; freedom from dependence; exemption from reliance on, or control by, others; self-subsistence or maintenance; direction of one's own affairs without interference.
  2. (n.) Sufficient means for a comfortable livelihood.

Which brought me to think how many people are still "dependant" of others or of something.  How many women and men have to depend on government help or are dependant of a vice or maybe depend on another family member or they are not "free" of debt.

Our country has come so far and we celebrate it every year on this day... but there are so many people still fighting for their own personal 4th of July.

I am grateful I can celebrate if not my freedom of dept at least my independence to work on being free :)

How will you celebrate?

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Happy 4th to you too!

e.sugarbaby
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

HAPPY 4TH! 

AzariahsMother
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Happy 4th to you too!

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM

ohh wow.. now that makes sense :)

Quoting ReesesPieces:

Me too but things are so dry it's too risky. We are in stage 2 drought. No burning, camp fires, or fireworks. They are strongly urging people not to use outdoor grills even. Violators will be fined $750. So yeah,

Quoting yvonne37:

aawww.. too bad.. i love fireworks.

Quoting ReesesPieces:

Happy 4th to you too!

We are staying home - fireworks are banned so why sit in the heat for no reason? :)

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:33 PM

cute.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Happy 4th to you too!

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Happy 4th to you as well!

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:54 AM

WE had a safe holiday (although DH took the kids swimming for FOUR HOURS in mid-afternoon and my DD's face is sunburned), but I've heard some scary things about yesterday's events. 

My DS had to work yesterday at the Shell station, which is right on the parade route, and while he was there a 17 yr old kid was setting off fireworks in the parking lot...next to the gas pumps.  He also managed to accidentally fire one at a bystanding young child.  Thankfully no one was hurt.

A 16 yr old boy drowned in a lake the next county over.

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Yikes!

My cousins from Cookeville, TN came up here for the week and enjoyed our area's celebrations.

Quoting ReesesPieces:

Me too but things are so dry it's too risky. We are in stage 2 drought. No burning, camp fires, or fireworks. They are strongly urging people not to use outdoor grills even. Violators will be fined $750. So yeah,

Quoting yvonne37:

aawww.. too bad.. i love fireworks.

Quoting ReesesPieces:

Happy 4th to you too!

We are staying home - fireworks are banned so why sit in the heat for no reason? :)

Stevensmomma
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Happy Fourth a bit late !! i was in the hospital I had my DS on July 3rd he wanted to be here for the fire works !!!baby boyjuly 4th

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Jul. 7, 2012 at 1:45 PM

oh my.. thats terrible (the drowning and the kid with the fireworks).  hope your daughter is feeling better.. i know how sick you can feel after a sunburn.

Quoting michiganmom116:

WE had a safe holiday (although DH took the kids swimming for FOUR HOURS in mid-afternoon and my DD's face is sunburned), but I've heard some scary things about yesterday's events. 

My DS had to work yesterday at the Shell station, which is right on the parade route, and while he was there a 17 yr old kid was setting off fireworks in the parking lot...next to the gas pumps.  He also managed to accidentally fire one at a bystanding young child.  Thankfully no one was hurt.

A 16 yr old boy drowned in a lake the next county over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement