Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

What is your most frugal season within a year?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM
  • 7 Replies

ok I am curious about this & is something to ponder. Do you have a season of the year that is more frugal than another?

What is your most frugal season of the year?

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
suziejax
by Suzie on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I would have to say spring is my most frugal season....... 

because we spend money on trips in summer and have higher electric bill for AC and gas prices wow. 

Spring my ac is not on as much and we dont travel as much. 

Fall I have to many birthdays to buy for lol the heat comes on & bill goes higher than summers price for us

Winter is of course lots of holidays for us & I run the heat which is gas and is costly here

momto3isme
by Dawn on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM
I think it's spring
In summer the kids always have activities that cost money, we take more day trips.

Fall have kids in sports, buying school supplies, family birthdays.

Winter the holidays cost a lot between gifts and parties.
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd have to say it's late summer/early autumn.  My garden is producing at it's peak, we usually don't need AC or heat, I've got freezers stocked with meat, and I spend the least during this time.

Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I am also going to say last part of August through October. We are back in school / work so no AC is running, the garden has produced so not much to spend at the grocery store. Although by this time we are using gas to run to town to go to work & school. I don't have many birthdays in this time either.

suziejax
by Suzie on Jul. 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM

wow this is interesting reading ........ thanks ladies for replying! 

FindersKeepers
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:44 PM

We don't have a full frugal season....  I suppose March is our most frugal month.  

If I map out when all of our bills increase either due to increased usage (AC, water, gas) and annual payments like car registrations / insurance.   Seasonal expenses like spring/summer, school clothes and kid sports.    Birthdays, holidays, vacations and our anniversary (when we take an annual husband wife getaway).   March is the only month where we don't have any extra expenses. 

Stevensmomma
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:37 PM

i would have to say winter bc of the hoildays and bc of the heating costs 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)