Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Back to School Countdown Day 1: Size Up Supplies

Posted by   + Show Post

Before you go out and buy new pens, pencils, notebooks and binder, go through last year's supplies. See what you can reuse and what you'll need to buy new. This will prevent you from buying items that you might have around the house already.  

What are you able to repurpose? What's on your list to buy new?

writing

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
godsgirl26
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Everything but backpacks.

oaknaydsmom
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:17 AM

We already have 1 pair of scissors and one pencil box to reuse.  Also my oldest son came home at the end of the school year with like 6 half used glue sticks and he needs to take in 10 for this year.  I'm going to send in the 6 1/2 ones and just buy a couple new ones.  Backpacks from last year are also able to be used again this year.  I know it's not supplies but quite a few of their clothes from last year still fit and are in good condition so that cut my school clothes shopping quite a bit.

PEEK05
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I need to buy workbooks, paper, pencils, colored pencils, markers, and crayons.  This will be my daughter's first year of homeschool preschool.

steph21078
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM

We still have alot of packs of notebook paper left over from last year.  

Luv.My.Kidz
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:24 AM

reusing: bookbags, pencil bags/boxes/cases, pencil sharpeners, scissors, rulers, protractors, glue bottles get condensed into full bottles, binders get cleaned and reused, etc.

cjsmom1
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I do this so that I don't buy things I really don't need

cjsmom1
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:30 AM

The biggest thing was a new bookbag

cjsmom1
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I also decided to invest in a new pencil sharpener. I got an electric one because I am tired of finding shavings everywhere

cjsmom1
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I also use back to school sales to restock my art bin at home. I won't find crayons for $0.25 any other time of year

skippette14
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM
We usually buy extras every year., so I don't always have to get everything..but I like to keep stocked on crayons and markers, my kids draw all the time
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement