Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Back to School Countdown Day 2: Budget for the Basics

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you have to spend money on this school year? Ignore the ‘extras' (lessons, class trips) for a moment.

What money will you definitely be spending? Do your kids have uniforms or have to pay dues? Have you started saving for these expenses?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? Here it isSign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (111-115):
karnicsha
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Omg I have to buy Uniforms and shoes...most expensive thing so far

dizzy21712
by Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 2:40 AM

This is the first year we are trying public school. In years past we have had uniforms, trips even copy paper was supplied by the parents. This year we just had to buy the basics (backpack, folders, pencils). I don't really know what we will have to pay out this year because we have never done this before.

Angelovekisses
by Anne on Aug. 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I will have to buy the normal supples of course and some new shoes and clothes for my son since he has grow so much since last school year. Thankfully, we do not have to buy uniforms or pay dues (that I know of).

wenas5
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Thank heavens for back to school sales in so many local stores. Just about finished with basic school supply needs.

wenas5
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Having a budget made it easy-breezy to buy the needed items for the start of school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN