Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Back to School Countdown Day 4: Planning for Extras

Posted by   + Show Post

From music lessons and art supplies to sport equipment and trips, there are all kinds of extra costs during the school year. Make a list of everything your kids will participate in and what you'll need to budget for. What do your kids participate in?

How much will you spend on extracurricular activities this year?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
bertie4
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I will help with grandson if he does any activities.

IncognitoOne
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Nothing unless you count field trips....my boys are too young to do the after school stuff. They won't let them do those until 1st grade (and that is only football).

Oh, if you count County Parks and Rec. sports...$60 for both boys to play soccer. 

la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I'm not sure what extra's she will be doing just yet.

JonesMama
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:51 PM

My son plays soccer in the fall and spring and does a summer soccer camp. He's also active in Boy Scouts. That's it so far, but hopefully he'll find more activities soon. I spend a couple hundred a year on his activities. I just got a job at the local Y, so now he'll be able to stay active there as well. I can't wait to see our fall course catalog and see if there are any sports that he will want to do.

MamarazziTo2
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Right now I only have a 3yr old that we're homeschooling so we can get away with lots of fun, free activities around the community.

embrigmom
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM

My Daughter will be doing swimming lessons, Guitar lessons, and Girl Scouts.

puckerup
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:50 PM
I'm not sure what we will be participating in this year..... Chorus, I think, but other than that, IDK yet.
cryzmom
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:55 PM

have 2 wait & c what he does extra this year.....he's back in culinary, I'm sure there's a cost there waiting 4 me ;)

KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Membership to the zoo

Membership to museums and botanical gardens

Other educational programs and courses

Maybe I'm looking at a little over $1300.00

eviesmom453
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:43 PM

We do baseball in the spring and swim lessons in the summer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)