Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Back to School Countdown Day 4: Planning for Extras

Posted by   + Show Post

From music lessons and art supplies to sport equipment and trips, there are all kinds of extra costs during the school year. Make a list of everything your kids will participate in and what you'll need to budget for. What do your kids participate in?

How much will you spend on extracurricular activities this year?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
carynleigh
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Quoting Rogue35:

So far no extras as of yet.

CafeMom Tickers

meooma
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:09 PM

They both attend 2 after-school activites, total cost for the year could be as much as $400.  We pay 3 times a year.

mommieof1b4g
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:31 PM

it depends on money, my son wants to do basket ball my daughter wants to do dance. but its all so exspencive :(

jessicasmom1
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Keep money aside you never know what will arise during school time

jessicasmom1
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM

no extra's here I can't afford it

skippette14
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM
We have soccer for DS7 & DD10 in the fall. Roughly $500.00 combined, shoes,shin guards, sweats, shorts, actual uniform, gas for van, snacks, pictures

DS 7 does wrestling in winter. $700.00 , shoes, singlet, travel to away meets ( some up to hour away or more), snacks, pictures

DS 7 baseball in spring $500.00, uniform , cleats, cup, pants , helmet ( last yrs is too small ), pictures, pictures.

Roughly we spend about $1,700.00 on sports...but usually equipment lasts us 2 yrs. this is the year that we have to replace outgrown equipment unfortunately , so extra costs
othermom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Maybe $100-$150 this year, the most so far

Jules_
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Our kids are pretty young and don't do too much outside of school.  They will have their cheerleading and Awana again this year.  They won't be do girl scouts anymore.

BeachLifeMama
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:28 PM
So far dd is playing soccer this year. She also asked me if can take violin/piano and dance lesson but we'll see.
lilahsmommie
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:32 PM
So far we aren't doing any. DD and I take special days sometimes and will take classes etc, but no actual extracurriculars yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)