Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back to School Countdown Day 5: School Shopping

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 111 Replies

Sit down and look at what each of your kids need for new clothes. Do they need new pants or long sleeve shirts? Make a list of what you have to buy so you don't end up getting unnecessary items. Then wait for sales!

What do you kids need this year? 

credit card

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catngabsmom
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Gym shoes, new socks and undies, bras for older dd, long sleeve shirts, 2-3 new sweaters, new spirit wear hoody, and probably a few new skirts each. I went through their closets and drawers today (inspired by the posts of the past few days), everything fit surprisingly!! I will need to start picking up jeans for the next size up (14) for older dd, she is currently a 12 and younger dd is a 10, so older dd's jeans will go straight to younger dd's drawers and youngest dd's jeans will go straight to the donate bag !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashliaaronsmom
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:46 AM

shoes, socks, underwear, pants and shorts

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:09 AM

We need to get him a book bag and a pair of tennis shoes, We have gotten a lot of the other things.

Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Not much I will getting her a new outfit today. Maybe some tennis shoes other than that we are good for now.

lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:42 AM
jeans and shirts. i already have the tennis shoes. got them on clearance.
michiganmom116
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:37 AM

youngest DS will probably need some jeans eventually.  He keeps getting taller.

DD needs a couple more bras, probably some new panties, some jeans.  Otherwise she wears my clothes (big sigh).

15 yr old DS doesn't need anything.

AzariahsMother
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:08 AM

No much, other then clothes, and shoes.  I think we will need a few school supplies, but not as many as before.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I had to get them a few shirts, new socks, and will probably have to get my daughter a pair of shoes. Then supplies too My son needs new boots since his feet grew so fast

meooma
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:10 AM

We will be going through many of their clothes over the next week or so.  Local thrift shops do not yet have fall clothes out, so I've got plenty of time.

MIL did buy them new shoes and socks which was a huge financial help to us.  I'm hoping the majority of what they have still fits until Christmas, with just a few need to buy things.

ShirreeM
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:11 AM
He needs, jeans, shirts, shoes, back pack, shorts, more socks and boxers.
He went from a uniformed school to high school. So he has to have all new clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)