Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Back to School Countdown Day 5: School Shopping

Posted by   + Show Post

Sit down and look at what each of your kids need for new clothes. Do they need new pants or long sleeve shirts? Make a list of what you have to buy so you don't end up getting unnecessary items. Then wait for sales!

What do you kids need this year? 

credit card

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
cjsmom1
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Ds needs everything. I bought him new underwear over the summer, new winter socks, new shoes, 8 pairs of pants, a sweatshirt, and 2 long sleeve shirts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Ds grows so much and nothing from last year fits him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I got my boys' clothes at garage sales.  My older son insisted on wearing only long sleeves & pants most of the summer (despite it being a hot & humid summer here) so his school clothes got a bit more worn than I wanted.  Luckily, he does have enough stuff that isn't stained or too worn, though, that I only needed 1 pair of pants & 2 shirts to feel like he has enough school clothes.  Plus a pair of shoes.  I got the pants & shirts on sale, just need to find shoes.

deltadawn1975
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM

That's exactly what my dh and I did. We got shoes, pants, a couple of dresses, socks, undies, long sleeve and short sleeve shirts.

kak27
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM
I bought a lot of end of season clearance clothes for my kids last year and saved them but I still have a few more things to buy.
meliefrog
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM
I had to buy all new pants for my oldest 2 because all theirs ha holes in the knees. My youngest needs new everything because he hit a massive growth spurt this summer and outgrew almost everything. Dd is good for the most part. I am buying her some things though just so she has something new..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2cuteboys
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM

The boys need new shoes.  They also need jean shorts for now.. which are all on sale :)  My daughter doesn't need a thing :)

eviesmom453
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM

My DS need jeans, shirts, shoes and school supplies. Oh, and a new lunch box. I buy things on sale and always watch out for deals.

IncognitoOne
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Keaton- Pre-K: Backpack, full change of clothes (shirt, pants, socks, underwear), beach towel (for naps)....everything else is provided, until March and he'll need a swim suit then for swimming lessons.

Colton- Kindergarten: Backpack, headphones, Crayola 24-pack crayons, pencils, the big pink erasers, Fiskars scissors, Five Star wide ruled 1-subject notebook (I cheated, I found a cheaper brand with that same plastic front cover, lol), Primary journal notebook, glue sticks, pencil topper erasers, full change of clothes, beach towel, and $5.25 for a school t-shirt (they wear them on field trips and for graduation). 

247mamaandwife
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:52 AM

it seems they really need a lot more  with each coming year. this  she needs

crayons, penciles, folders, notebooks, disinfecting wipes,paper towels, hand sanatizer , tissues 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement