Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Back to School Countdown Day 6: Car Pool

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you share the driving responsibility with anyone else? If possible, drive with another set of parents to a school event. If you take turns, you'll save money on gas. You can even ‘car pool' with your own family. Pick up your spouse or older kids instead of meeting somewhere.

Do you car pool? Do you think about how much gas costs when you have to go somewhere? 

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
eviesmom453
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:18 PM

We carpool with our neighbor. It works out for all of us:)

MrsJaiClark
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I do not car pool. I drive my kids or they walk since we are close to the schools.

wenas5
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Live on a school bus route. My taxes pay to keep them running.

Cjennie30
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I don't car pool cause my kids ride the bus.

workinm0mmy
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:50 PM
No but when I drive to go to the store I always try to consolidate tris and get as much done as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 2:10 PM
We'll be homeschooling this yr. No driving or walking necessary. No more school buses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Aug. 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM

2 weeks a month I'll be driving one of my friends kids since I'm babysitting her.

puckerup
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I dont car pool, bc my kids ride the bus. However, on the days that my neighbor or I drive the older kids to school, for extra curricular activities, then we do car pool :)

mammapav
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM

They ride the Bus but we do carpool for after school activity , Youth Group and Boy Scouts.

WheelerWife
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:59 PM
My kiddos can walk. We're less than a mile from the school. But we've carpooled previously when it was a long drive away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN