Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Back to School Countdown Day 12: Pack Now

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 88 Replies

Go get your kids! It's time to pack! Plan ahead for the first day of school and pack everyone's backpacks today. Don't be surprised the night before.

What is in your kids' backpacks? Are you missing anything?

backpack

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? You need to participate in 10 of the challenge posts for a chance to win the $50 gift card. Sign up here to join the challenge and get daily reminders!

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:25 AM
My son only needs to bring his lunch. I won't be packing that ahead of time;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReesesPieces
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:13 AM
We already started but we always pack backpacks the night before. Lunches are made that morning. We have a system that works for us do far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catngabsmom
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Since we haven't gotten our teacher assignments and supply lists yet, I don't have much packed. I have bought basic folders, notebooks, pens, pencils, etc; those I have packed in each of the girls bags, I bought them the medium sized storage zip pouches from 31 as their pencil boxes, and I rescued scissors and rulers that have been used in previous years. I also noticed several people around CM mentioning ear buds being on the supply list, so I bought them each a new pair from the dollar store. That is all that's in the bag so far. Oh, and in oldest dd's bag is a mini cosmetic bag with a pair of panties and two pads, just in case!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:15 AM

We plan to pack everything a week before.

lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:53 AM

the list of all her school supplies is in her backpack. they gave out a list at walmart this year for each school and grade and we picked it up and went by it so we would know exactly know what to get.

wenas5
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:16 AM

First day of school backpack depends on the age and classes.  Pretty basic is a pen, a pencil, some paper, a notebook, a folder and the school supply request list.  

momto3isme
by Dawn on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:02 PM
We went off the long lists we were given at registration and packed their backpacks the night before.
IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Colton usually comes home with his notebook and the gold folder with his assignments in it. Everything else (journal, everything in his pencil case) stays at school.

Keaton usually comes home with a binder with teacher comments and his reading assignment sheet in it and a book.

Not really missing anything as I know where all of their stuff stays..lol. 

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Orientation is tomorrow. I'm sure all they will need is their stuff they lent us over the summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM

We don't need to pack anything ahead of time. All that is in their backpacks are their binders/ folders they eat lunch at school. But come to find out they didnt need school supplies because their school suppy all of that to the students. I didnt know they were supplying this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN