Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

If I Had A Million Dollars -- or Just An Extra $100

Posted by   + Show Post

I play the lottery sometimes. When the numbers get big...as they say here in New York, "You have to be in it to win it." And when I do play the numbers, the mind drifts to what I would do with a million dollars - or $25 million or what ever the pay out would be. 

We all have a better chance of hitting a hole in one, becoming president or getting struck by lightening than winning a Mega Millions jackpot, but what about having an extra $100? Much more realistic, right? We can all put away $10 a week for 10 weeks and "win" $100. 

Now, just for kicks, for fun, let's play "What would you do with $100?" Budget and bills and worries and stresses aside, what would you do with this "win'? Here are a few somewhat frivolous things I'd get.

-- New dinner plates. I am a sucker for new everyday dishes. I would have some for each season if I could. Right now, we have basic white dishes we got when we married almost 11 years ago. Ones I am digging: these cool earthy ones at Crate and Barrel or a matte black set from Bed Bath and Beyond.

-- Stock. Just for fun, to see where I goes, I'd buy some shares in stocks for a company I like (and use). Maybe Starbucks that hovers about $51 per share, or Green Mountain Coffee Roasters that make our Keurig, which is about $21 per share -- or Gap (we need to stock up on back-to-school clothes), it hovers at $28 per share...again, for fun...

-- Boots. Mama loves her boots, and I would have a closet full if I could. Though temps are rather hot right now, I'm envisioning fall weather as I look for my chosen footwear. With my $100 winnings, I'd nab these black ones or a cool cognac pair, both from Piperlime.

-- New artwork for Kiddo's room. I would totally redo her room with a variety of prints and quotes like this one (she loves cats) or this inspirational poster. Both under $20 at Etsy -- and there are many more to choose from.

-- New mommy necklace...I don't have one, so maybe I'd get a cool, hip dog-tag-inspired style necklace. Love this stainless steel sleek one, but also dig the more typical stamped kind in sterling silver. With my $100, I could get both!

What would you buy with your winning $100? This is purely for fun, folks, no bill-paying or saving allowed! 

©iStockphoto.com/malerpaso

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-60):
momto3isme
by Dawn on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Quoting Bob192:

I would have a spa day!

Good idea!
momto3isme
by Dawn on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Quoting starreyedcutie:

Extra $100 is take the kids to the zoo. If i had a million I'd buy a house and another reliable car. Is pay of the car we have now and save the rest in a high interest savings....oh and take a Alaskan cruise :)

Good idea!
momto3isme
by Dawn on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Quoting cjsmom1:

I'd get a keurig

Good idea!
momto3isme
by Dawn on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Quoting cjsmom1:

Maybe get some new clothes

I need new clothes to.
momto3isme
by Dawn on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Quoting AzariahsMother:

Shoes

I love buying shoes!
momto3isme
by Dawn on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Quoting LOswald0314:

New boots for sure!  Or a fun date night with DH.

Date night is always fun!
momto3isme
by Dawn on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I really need a new pair of shoes
xxMocahFrappxx
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Thank you!

Quoting momto3isme:

Quoting xxMocahFrappxx:

No bill paying or saving? I'd buy low priced stock and invest it; watch it grow!!! :0)

Good idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Lol.. ok well.. remember when you gals posted here about having a jar and putting all the change in it?  well I follow your advice and this past weekend took all my change (which had to be transfered from the jar to a bag)... keep in mind that everyone in the house is giving me their change for my "me jar".  I took it to that change machine and when it was done swallowing all the coins i had..... $113 dollars!!!!  undelievable right!?  lol.. well I am looking for  job so this is what I did. 

1- got my hair done.

2- bought me two outfits for interviews (each piece less then$10 on sale)

3- still have some left over that i will be using for gas and to have little treats ;)

Lee678
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 12:08 AM
I would get my hair done or buy me some clothes with an extra $100.
With a million, I would pay off all my debt and my parents' and buy me a Chevy avalanche
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement