Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That was an expensive fly - update reply #27

Posted by   + Show Post
Today, as my hubby was baking pizza in the oven, a fly landed on our flat glass top range. He smacked down a plastic spatula, missed the fly but shattered the glass top!!!!!!! I was ticked!!!

Since it costs nearly as much to replace the glass as buying a new one (and I'm not exaggerating), we had to drag ourselves into the store to buy a new one. I talked them down 15% with free delivery and haul awsy, then when I found out I'd be getting the floor model (which was in really really great condition) I talked them down another 5% plus got them to throw in the extended warranty for free. Score!!!!! So 20% off, free warranty, free delivery, and one happy lady.

However, that was a super expensive fly - that he didn't even kill!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Replies (21-27):
bertie4
by Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Did you train that fly!

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 17, 2012 at 7:41 PM
At least you got a discount.That stinks that it shattered so easily though.
ReesesPieces
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 10:05 PM
We think it was probably the heat plus the hit (and maybe he accidentally angled it). We've dropped stuff on it before without problem, but I think it was the combo

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

At least you got a discount.That stinks that it shattered so easily though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Wow... I think you better send that flies family a bill...lol!

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Oh no! thats no good.

mmtosam06
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:45 AM
Nice stove and great job talking them down in price plus free warranty and free delivery
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReesesPieces
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this
You guys won't believe it! They gave us $100 back because the delivery driver was sick and couldnt deliver it till Friday, so we had to pick it up. So eventhough we had free delivery, we got $100 back!!!! That means we paid less than a pretty basic stainless oven for this really great one! I'm totally giddy!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)