Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Here's how the US stacked up against other countries:

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Replies (21-25):
dizzy21712
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I would say for a family of 4 we spend about 500 a month of food and household items. About 80 of that is on those smart ones tv dinners because if I don't have convenience foods for my hubby to grab for lunch, he will simply go out to lunch and end up spending much more. He refuses to do sandwiches which is really frustrating to me. I wish I could get our food and household stuff down lower

Stevensmomma
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:22 AM

About a $100. 00 a week for 3 people

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:42 PM
That makes more sense

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting suziejax:

wow thats so hard to belive !

I think it's % of total income.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Would he take leftovers?  There are plenty of inexpensive Glad/Ziploc plastic trays to carry leftovers....not much difference from a TV dinner.

Quoting dizzy21712:

I would say for a family of 4 we spend about 500 a month of food and household items. About 80 of that is on those smart ones tv dinners because if I don't have convenience foods for my hubby to grab for lunch, he will simply go out to lunch and end up spending much more. He refuses to do sandwiches which is really frustrating to me. I wish I could get our food and household stuff down lower

ebutterfly782
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:53 PM

We spend around 10% on food here. I usually spend around $300 every 2 weeks. I have discovered that we spend less if I go every 2 weeks rather than every week. During the summer, with everyone home, we go through more food at the house. During the school year, the kids eat school lunch most of the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement