Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back to School Bootcamp: More Areas to Groove the Organization

Posted by   + Show Post

Many folks feel like springtime, coming out of the winter hibernation, airing out, clearing out the clutter cobwebs is the time to organize your home, but I have a somewhat different take on it. I think the best time for us moms to really tackle organization is the beginning of the school year. After the summer, looking at the abode, seeing what need to be tweaked, purged, re-configured to make the everyday working of your home groove along steadily is essential...a well-organized home saves you time and money and let's face it, sanity.

So, as we are about to head to the bus stop again or kick-off the carpool, let's look around some areas of the house that always need a bit of "taming." There may be so many, you don't know where to begin...buy you must! Just do it! We touched on it a bit last week, but there's more...isn't there always?

Closets - I can't emphasize this enough. Look through everyone's closets. Weed out what doesn't fit, rearrange so that school clothes, not bathing suits, are at the front. Try on shoes, coats, hats and the like. Don't forget to check out underwear, holey socks, and tights.  Make a list of what you may need to get in the coming months for fall and cooler days and get them ready so getting dressed in the mornings run smoothly. (Wouldn't hurt to spend an hour checking out your own closet - trying on your raincoat and fall jackets, ditching stuff that is too worn or making a pile of those things that needs to be fixed.) 

Homework Area - Do you have a homework area of the kids? Maybe it is the desk in their rooms or the kitchen table. Doesn't matter where it is. Have a bin of homework necessities (ruler, scissors, glue, calculator, and so on) all stocked and ready to go. 

The Pantry - I don't want to look in mine, either, but by getting that pantry in shape now, you will save oodles of time and money. See what basics you are running low on, what you have plenty of and think about those quick and easy recipes that you will be returning to once the school mayhem kicks off. 

(Check out the whole backpack corral ideas over on Smarter Living, as well as last week's post on other ways to be organized!)

What is the place that needs your organizational attention? Have you gone through your closets? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/kilukilu    

by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-27):
jessicasmom1
by Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Yes , and asked her what she is wearing for the first day ,.., all other days are not a problem 

countrygirlkat
by Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 2:27 PM

We just went through all the toys yesterday to get rid of a bunch because they were getting out of conrol.  I also organized one of our closets then.  The other one needs it done so badly. 

.Angelica.
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I think my whole house needs some organization.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Oh yes definetly the closets.

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Aug. 15, 2012 at 6:42 AM

My crawlspace :/  When my aunt moved in this past month I took everything that didnt have an asigned space and put it in boxes in my crawlspace... now I have to think about that and find places for things.. although I wont do that any time soon lol.

our closets are in order and so is the rest of the house... thank God!!

momto3isme
by Dawn on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM
We just moved so everything is already organized but we still have more boxes to unpack mainly dh's stuff.
Stevensmomma
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 2:38 PM

We need to do our basement bad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)