Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Thursday Thrifty Throwdown: Holiday Countdown! 16 Weeks To Go!

Posted by   + Show Post

All together now: Ho! Ho! Ho! Only 16 weeks until December. Time to start thinking about actually purchasing some gifts. One great way to stay on budget and keep the whole money element of the holidays manageable is to start early and spread out the shopping.

But starting early could also mean when November rolls around, you forget what you bought back in September. Now, you have your master list, which you can use and mark up and keep everything...but there is an easier way. Enter a handy-dandy app. Yup, there is an app for your Santa-ing (okay, I made that word up). Find one that works for you and streamline the whole gift buying process and never worry about forgetting what you have already bought your Cousin Courtney and Aunt Bella. 

Gift List - Pick your own background theme on this very pretty, simple app. You can tally budgets per person as well as over all money you have spent or have left to spend, enter notes and more.

Better Christmas List - This one allows you to categorize the folks on your list into groups (Friends, Family, Work, and so on) and you can have it "locked" to keep from little naughty fingers clicking on it and seeing what they may be getting under the tree.

Santa's Bag: Christmas Gift List --  Santa wishes he had this app (maybe he does already?). As you enter in preferences like size or favorite color or what you have given in the past, it stores it for next year - genius! And in case you are buying a ton of the same gift, you can organize your list by gifts (like to buy, to send, to order, who it goes to) rather than by people...oh yeah, this one is chock full of goodies. 

How do you keep track of your gift list during the holidays?

ŠiStockphoto.com/LilliDay    

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-33):
mammapav
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I have a list in a notebook.

Stevensmomma
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Their is also a I phone or ipod app that keeps track of your lists and is a remider for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tatkins
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:23 PM
I use a list that I keep hid in my wallet just in case of wandering eyes!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement