Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Is Thirty One Gifts a good direct sales company to work for?

I want to sign up for a direct sales company such as Thirty One Gifts to make extra money on the side. I'm just not very familiar with direct sales directly. What are the pro/cons of getting into something like this?? (I want to earn vacation money for next year)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Replies (61-68):
myers1012
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I sent you a private message about this =) look forward to hearing from you !

derbycitymom
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Hi,

I am a Thirty-One Senior Executive Director and I can tell you it has been one of the best decisions I have ever made!  I would love tell you more about our company, feel free to message me with your email address.  Now is a GREAT time with our busiest selling selling approaching QUICK!  You can visit my website for more info, you can email me if you like and can forward it to you.  I have a great group of women that are always willing to share ideas and info!  When you join my team, you can be assured you will be given all resources you need to be a success!!

Thewife06
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I sell through Jamberry Nails which is another Direct sales company.  There are a few things to look for when signing up:
-Is there a minimum you have to sell before they pay you at all? 
- What's the comission?
-Is the start up cost something you can reasonably make up for? 
-Do you have to have on hand stock in order to sell (This leads to BIG start up costs)

Do NOT get into ANY company before you answer those questions first.  And NEVER expect to be able to live off of what you make with them.  Direct sales varies SO much every month.  Last month I only brought in $130 because everyone wanted to wait for the new catalog, but the month before I made over $360. 

consumerswin
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:49 PM

With any Sales company, you must remember that you have to supply a demand. Work out what you need to do on paper, break it down into do-able chunks, and work your plan. Keep your head to the grind stone and do consistant money making activities - for example increasing your customer base . Decide if  you have the time to create a team, or whether it's better to rely solely on your own efforts. Sales in any industry is challenging so just be realistic and do the numbers to decide whether a Sales oppurtunity is the best way to reach your goals, or whether a simple Part-time job would do the trick just as fast.

If you need any further help, let me know. I've been running my own Start- up Business for over 20 years so I have experience all the ups and downs, lol.

And do remember, it is work , there is no easy shortcuts.

Chloe

AromaDrops33
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I've heard of that company but don't know much about it. I actually sell natural bath & body products from Jordan Essentials and do really well
sharmarae
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:30 AM
I came across your post, I know it's a little bit late of my reply, I'm jus curious what your outcome is after time has past.. Please share...
mindyplummer
by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Did you decide to sell 31?

SafeMommy.org
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Hi!  I work with Melaleuca, but I was curious about Thirty One Gifts as well, so I'm glad to have found your post.  I know that it is from 2012, so hopefully someone will add some current information to this as well.  I will say that direct marketing has changed significantly over the years.  There are really great books and blogs that talk about how effective direct sales can be.  But you must be persistent and driven.  Don't give up right away!  Check out the book "Flip Flop CEO", which discusses in great length how profitable and easy direct marketing can be.  Then google Sarah Robbins.  She is an author, motivational speaker, and millionairre direct sales woman.  She has great tips about how to go about making your business a success.  Like I said, I work with Melaleuca and absolutely love it, but I am looking for more.  I will never abandon Melaleuca, but I want to check out other options to supplement it.  Good luck to all of you!

Nancy Kollman

http://www.safemommy.org

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)