Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Is Thirty One Gifts a good direct sales company to work for?

I want to sign up for a direct sales company such as Thirty One Gifts to make extra money on the side. I'm just not very familiar with direct sales directly. What are the pro/cons of getting into something like this?? (I want to earn vacation money for next year)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:56 PM

what exactly do they sell?

Quoting WAHM-Jen:

i used to sell for them and no longer do it.  i do sell other things and do much better with that than i ever did with Thirty-One with half the effort. This is really big in certain parts of the country and not others.  Though O no longer sell it myself, I buy or trade inventory with my friends who do.  There is alos a lot of it on eBay - not allowed by the company, but it is there.

With a company like Thirty-One, which is Direct Sales, here is what will deternines success...

1. Love Your Product

2. Share/Sell your Product

3.  Teach others to do the same.

Money comes from sales and Thirty-One does 25% commission but the most of the $ comes from duplication or teaching others to do the same - and you make overrides.  With Thirty-One, you sell $1000 and you have 2 or more people doing that under you, then you get a percentage of that and that grows as your team grows.

i did research on this way back and you can see it here: http://initiallythirtyone.wordpress.com/2011/05/27/thirty-one-vs-initials-inc/

other companies i showcase is here: http://www.directsaleshq.com/

baby
Shami_doll
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I am a Thirty-One Consultant an we sale From totes or purses you can wear while you’re out and about, thermals to help you transport food and drinks to a party, or organizational items to help you keep your house neat and tiday.

lovemy2boys113
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I am a consultant for Thirty-One.  It is a good company. I love the company and the people in it.   I wish I could be more successful.  It is a slow process and you need to have the motivation to really get out there to sell.   I have one recruit under me and I hope to get more. I have only been doing it since december but I really enjoy it.   I love the products. Even if I am just doing it for the discount.  

treadmillJoelle Alyse

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Aug. 14, 2012 at 8:11 PM
I heard they are good but I don't know about you guys everyone is selling it around here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmandaFerguson
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I am a independent consultant for Thirty-one and I absolutely love it. Starting commission is 25% and increases as you move up the scale, they are a faith based company, you pick your hours, you get to meet new people and make new friends, It only cost $99 to sign up and you get over $300 worth of bags and business supplies. I would love to talk more with you if you would like to call or text me at (205) 471-1597.
MoMofTWOkiddos
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 4:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Ive made my decision to join, now I'm waiting on the time when I have an extra $100 to spare!! (I'm looking for a way to make the money now as I type this)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ItsJustMe1017
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I sent you a PM

YES, Thirty One is an EXCELLENT company to work for!!!

Thrity-OneMom
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Yes it is, I love being a independent consultant with them they reward us all the time and also there is no inventory to keep which is the best, I have worked for many companies but nothing like this. If you have any more questions about the company don't hesitate to ask just send me a PM

simple smile

MDWife12
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I don't know but here is a bump! I wont do that kind of work I just don't know enough people :)

MDWife12
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:17 PM

What do you sell now? :)

Quoting WAHM-Jen:

i used to sell for them and no longer do it.  i do sell other things and do much better with that than i ever did with Thirty-One with half the effort. This is really big in certain parts of the country and not others.  Though O no longer sell it myself, I buy or trade inventory with my friends who do.  There is alos a lot of it on eBay - not allowed by the company, but it is there.

With a company like Thirty-One, which is Direct Sales, here is what will deternines success...

1. Love Your Product

2. Share/Sell your Product

3.  Teach others to do the same.

Money comes from sales and Thirty-One does 25% commission but the most of the $ comes from duplication or teaching others to do the same - and you make overrides.  With Thirty-One, you sell $1000 and you have 2 or more people doing that under you, then you get a percentage of that and that grows as your team grows.

i did research on this way back and you can see it here: http://initiallythirtyone.wordpress.com/2011/05/27/thirty-one-vs-initials-inc/

other companies i showcase is here: http://www.directsaleshq.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN