Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Is Thirty One Gifts a good direct sales company to work for?

I want to sign up for a direct sales company such as Thirty One Gifts to make extra money on the side. I'm just not very familiar with direct sales directly. What are the pro/cons of getting into something like this?? (I want to earn vacation money for next year)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
Dragonfly114288
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I love selling Thirty-One gifts! I originally starting out as a "Kit-napper" - someone who buys the enrollment kit to get the goodies without any intention of selling. I bought several of the bags and storage items, so I decided to maximize my money by purchasing the kit.

Well, even people I didn't know would stop and ask me where I got my purse or bag. Then, my husband asked for a divorce...So now I sell 31 in order to pay for the extras for my girls, such as ballet, soccer, and my car insurance every month. That's $202 a month. All of that with minimal effort!

Low initial investment, deals for customers every month, and very supportive leadership. If you would like to ask me any questions, please post them here.

TH

mommytoangel
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:46 PM
I am an Independent Thirty-one consultant and I LOVE IT! I have been with other direct sales companies and this was by far the best! They give you tremendous support, great incentives, and their products practically sell themselves. Any direct sales company is sell and recruit. Not just thirty one. You have to be passionate about what you are selling and why you are selling it. With Thirty-One you get 25% commission on anything you sell, they give you a set of 25 free catalogs and 40 free mini catalogs with each season, you get lots of incentives to gain free product, and they celebrate, encourage, and reward you in so many ways. (their motto is celebrate, encourage, reward). It was named after proverbs 31 and it is one of the fastest rising direct sales companies. God is doing amazing things with this business and I am glad to be apart of it! As far as eBay...when you shop on eBay for thirty one products you are taking away from some one's business. A lot of us are trying to make money to support our families and when you buy thirty one products on eBay instead of an actual consultant you are taking away the ability for some one else to earn money to care for their family. If you like the products do the right thing and shop through a consultant. If you would like more info about thirty-one I would be more than happy to help. You can send me a message if needed.
VintageWife
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Everyone I know that sells it loves it.

monkeymom1104
by New Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I love my thrity-one diaper bag!!! its so cute and really made well. its personalized and only cost my 32 bucks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemy2boys113
by New Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Did any of you go to the National Conference in August?  I so wanted to go but I had a previous engagement that I needed to attend to.  I plan on going next July.  

treadmillJoelle Alyse

momnarmywife710
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I started selling Thirty-One in August. I have put a lot of effort and money into the business so far and not had 1 real party. I don't know people here and my upline should have given me a customer and let me go on a party with her to help. I like getting the items at discount (25% off or 25% commission). I buy items and then sell them straight out. I am working on making a bridal/wedding deal, but this is a slow business. The company is good and I have earned/gotten lots of free things from 31.I have mixed reviews on direct sales bc I have sold almost every thing and NEVER made a profit. If you do start the business, I have good marketing ideas and people like what I am trying. I live in Pensacola, FL.

Krista- Kaden's mom and still a police/soldier's wife.

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM
I heard they were good but you only get 25% I do Mary Kay and we get 50%! If you are interested in that please feel free to message me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:13 PM
What if its a consultant? U dont know that its not. Even if its not liked doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

Quoting mommytoangel:

I am an Independent Thirty-one consultant and I LOVE IT! I have been with other direct sales companies and this was by far the best! They give you tremendous support, great incentives, and their products practically sell themselves. Any direct sales company is sell and recruit. Not just thirty one. You have to be passionate about what you are selling and why you are selling it. With Thirty-One you get 25% commission on anything you sell, they give you a set of 25 free catalogs and 40 free mini catalogs with each season, you get lots of incentives to gain free product, and they celebrate, encourage, and reward you in so many ways. (their motto is celebrate, encourage, reward). It was named after proverbs 31 and it is one of the fastest rising direct sales companies. God is doing amazing things with this business and I am glad to be apart of it! As far as eBay...when you shop on eBay for thirty one products you are taking away from some one's business. A lot of us are trying to make money to support our families and when you buy thirty one products on eBay instead of an actual consultant you are taking away the ability for some one else to earn money to care for their family. If you like the products do the right thing and shop through a consultant. If you would like more info about thirty-one I would be more than happy to help. You can send me a message if needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont know anybody personally that sells it but ive browsed the site several times and it all looks nice. Seems the inventory changes alot and whats there this month may or may not be there next month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemy31
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:37 PM
I absolutely love Thirty One. He is some good information. Feel free to message me with questions.

The HO shared this information today and I wanted to pass it on to anyone who may be reading this board and considering our amazing opportunity!

You better believe that NOW is the best time to join Thirty-One! New Consultants can achieve rewards beyond their wildest dreams! If a Consultant signs up TODAY - and books the following scenarios of parties - just LOOK at what she could earn!

Get the Party Started! With 3 parties in her first 30 days, she'll earn:

$150 Commission (-$99 Enrollment Kit cost) = $51
3 Believe & Achieve products, valued at $75
StartSwell products and business supplies, valued at $103
Kit Value = $300
Total Value = $529
A Spectacular Six Pack! With 6 parties in her first 60 days, she'll earn:

$300 Commission (-$99 Enrollment Kit cost) = $201
5 Believe & Achieve products, valued at $125
StartSwell products and business supplies, valued at $183
Kit Value = $300
Total Value = $809
Go the Whole Nine Yards! With 9 parties in her first 90 days she'll earn:

$450 Commission (-$99 Enrollment Kit cost) = $351
StartSwell products and business supplies, valued at $248
Kit Value = $300
Total Value = $1,024
Better by the Dozen! With 12 parties in her first 90 days, she'll earn:

$600 Commission (-$99 Enrollment Kit Cost) = $501
StartSwell products and business supplies, valued at $339
Kit Value = $300
Total Value = $1,265

Woo Hoo! Who wouldn't be thrilled by results like this?

Just so you know, we've based these figures on our Believe & Achieve products averaging $25 per item - the actual average is $32 per item! So the total value is that much higher! And this does not even take into account the November Ready, Set, Sell Incentive, where they could earn even more!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement