Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Paying for the amentities?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:20 AM
  • 16 Replies
I have lived in apartment complexes all of my adult life and by doing so I tend to look for things like a pool,playground and work out facility. It was brought to my attention that when renting from big apartment complexes you are basically paying for the amentities. After all you can find a 3 br home,condo etc for cheaper just about anywhere. It got me thinking when you rent apartments with the extras are you really just paying for the amentities?
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

im looking for an apt right now to stay in for a year while my husband is deployed and im looking for all those things. i love having a pool.

suziejax
by Suzie on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:54 PM

yes I would I love the pool lol

cjsmom1
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's worth it if it had those things. Think about it like this: gym membership $30/person, summer pass to the pool $50/person, and gas to these places. So definitely worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Good question.

I would think yes.

FindersKeepers
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I agree with this... plus add in landscaping, security, parking... depending on where you live.  When I lived in apartments those things were provided as well.   Gym, pool, playgrounds... all pluses when it comes to apartment living. 

Quoting cjsmom1:

I think it's worth it if it had those things. Think about it like this: gym membership $30/person, summer pass to the pool $50/person, and gas to these places. So definitely worth it.

surfgrl60
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Yes. You are paying to keep up their pool, keep up the grounds, ect.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM

sometimes; but like someone else said you might end up paying for those things in the form of a gym membership but you have the convenience of having those things right there

suziejax
by Suzie on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I love also having the gym on hand ! I will be making sure I find an apartment when we move that has one

buttersworth
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM

It probably depends on the place, I mean, every landlord must be different.

If you were able to save to buy your own house or condo, you'd save money in the long run. Every time you pay your mortgage, you are paying to own; unlike an apartment, you pay for the space and end up never owning it.

If you bought your own place, you could make your own workout room and whatever other ammenities you wanted. Plus, you don't have neighbors on the other side of your walls to make noise when you don't feel like hearing somebody else.

sleepymommy87
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM
We live in a nice quiet complex with a workout room, covered parking, and a dog park. It's secure and not super expensive for how nice they are. We don't have a pool in my complex and I like it. Pools draw families and I like living in a complex with mainly older people and single professionals. There are some kids but not a bunch, and I like that. My daughter is only 6 months old and by the time she's older we hope to have a house. I love my kid but I can't stand hearing ten million kids always running and screaming everywhere lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement