Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Whats your BEST money victory this week?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok Ladies its Friday again yay! What was your BEST money Victory this week. It can be as large as paying off a bill or as small yet very important as saving with a coupon!

Lets celebrate together!

good

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:15 AM
2 moms liked this

my husband just called me from ga where i am getting ready to move and said he found a nice computer table and a dirt devel in the dumpster and they work fine. he took them home and cleaned them up. those military people will throw anything away when it comes to them moving. so he goes dumpster diving alot.

TJandKarasMom
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Quoting elizabooks:

On a walk in the woods I found over 30lbs of copper piping under mustard grass. Hauled it out and is in the truck waiting to be taken to the metal recyclers. Copper is going for $2.50 a pound,so I am looking at possibly $75.  The woods behind my house used to be a construction dump site back in the 20s-50s so I have found a lot of usable things for the garden--cement bird baths, broken marble to use in the garden rock wall and so on. Problem is that the metal recycling place is beginning to think I am stealing it, so I'm going to have to tell people where I am finding it and that means the woods will be swarmed by metal pickers. So before I go there I am going to have to pull out what looks like 15 feet of Wrouight Iron fencing out of the poison ivy.

Either way I am happy. $75 is $75.

Could you have DH or a friend bring it for you? Or could you just say in the woods near your house? I wouldn't want to tell people where I live anyway and it's none of their business. The police can come talk to you if they think you're stealing, lol.
Amy127
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Our weed whacker broke this week and we had the cash to buy a new one, without touching our emergency fund.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LS1030
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this
I started a new job after 6 weeks of maternity leave that allows DH to stay at home with our son and be able to concentrate on his photography business. :)
suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM

very cool! I hope we can save that much soon on one!

Quoting momto3isme:

We saved 35% on the rental truck to move our stuff.

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM

good

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I have a few this week and hope I keep being this excited about saving money!

I cut down a bill from $27 to $6 each month.

I put DH and I on an allowance and put $20 in cash aside...hoping this will be a monthly thing.

I went to walmart with the kids and only bought the things I went for! (that is huge for me, I always add things on, especially clearance things and I actually had three extra things in my hands that I put back)

If you have any tips for continuing to be excited about saving, let me know. I'm thinking I will cut a picture out or print a picture of a house and post it somewhere I look every day to remind myself why I want to save money!

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I love it when that happens!!!!!

Quoting Amy127:

Our weed whacker broke this week and we had the cash to buy a new one, without touching our emergency fund.

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM

WOW ladies this has been one of the best celebrate money victories yet! Thanks for all who posted! If you didn't post yet keep them coming! 

you rock

FindersKeepers
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats.... enjoy your sleep-ful nights!   =)

Quoting momto3isme:

Quoting FindersKeepers:

After being part-time laid off for over 1.5 years.... DH got the first paycheck from his new full-time job. 

Congrats!! My Dh just got a job after losing his 7 months ago.

brenatens
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Started babies college fund :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement