Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Poll

Question: If an emergency hit do you have an emergency fund set aside?

Options:

Yes!

No but wish I did

Working on that !

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

If an emergency hit do you have an emergency fund set aside?

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
Stevensmomma
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

yes we do !!

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM

It will come Hun... :-)

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Not right now but we are building one back up.

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM

good

Quoting michiganmom116:

Yes, we do, and we're building it even more.

AzariahsMother
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I have 1

cjsmom1
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Not yet and I figure I won't have a decent one for a few years. Right now I have $80 a month going into a savings account. I just started this about a month ago, so it'll take time. I'm just happy I did it and feel better knowing I'm trying to make myself more financially secure.

momto3isme
by Dawn on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:50 AM
We have to build ours back up. Dh got a job in Tallahassee so we are moving so that is taking a lot of our savings and it took 13 weeks for unemployment to kick in which we had to use our savings to pay our bills. Now that he is going back to work I need to build it back up.
TJandKarasMom
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
We have some, but DH is looking for a car so it might get used up, which we have agreed to. We can build it again, it just seems to build slowly. DH was even asking recently why the savings account doesn't seem to change when we have around $250/month go in automatically...because we have to dip into it here and there so it seems to not change. Hopefully when I'm back to work full time in the fall (I'm a para, very little income in the summer), we will be able to save more.
suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:32 AM

hey good start! It will come

Quoting cjsmom1:

Not yet and I figure I won't have a decent one for a few years. Right now I have $80 a month going into a savings account. I just started this about a month ago, so it'll take time. I'm just happy I did it and feel better knowing I'm trying to make myself more financially secure.

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

wow understanable 

Good luck with move!

Quoting momto3isme:

We have to build ours back up. Dh got a job in Tallahassee so we are moving so that is taking a lot of our savings and it took 13 weeks for unemployment to kick in which we had to use our savings to pay our bills. Now that he is going back to work I need to build it back up.

momto3isme
by Dawn on Aug. 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Quoting elizabooks:

No not anymore. Too many emergencies have happened in the last 15 months for us to recover the fund.

Sorry you had so many emergencies come up. I hope you don't have anymore and can build an emergency fund back up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN