Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Holiday Memory

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:18 AM
  • 12 Replies

I was just curoious with all the talk lately of how close Christmas is getting and all  lol,, do you want to share your fav hoilday memory with us today? 

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:04 AM
3 moms liked this

My favorite memory was when I was a teenager. We were to broke for gifts so we went and spent some time at the beach as a family. It was freezing but it was lovely lol.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I love all the traditions, etc..and christmas is my favorite holiday...I don't care about everyone trying to figure out all of the history about Jesus' birth, it is the day we celebrate it and it is special...but the one year we did  not fix anything traditional to eat, we had a buffet of all different kind of seafood...I was in heaven....but we always do the traditional and that is fine...

Stevensmomma
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM
3 moms liked this

my first Ds's Christmas!!!!

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:46 PM

simple smileI love hearing your stories!

michiganmom116
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I have so many memories: Santa showing up at our door with a DOLL just for ME when I was 4 years old...and I was too scared of him to take it LOL or the Christmases we spent in Canada at the family lodge and Santa would arrive in his snowmobile with a HUGE bag of goodies that he passed out...or being in the Christmas play at church....caroling with the church choir, walking the city sidewalks with candles and singing and truly enjoying it....making Christmas cookies with my mom....that one year that we didn't have any money for Christmas gifts but my mom saved bits from her grocery money to buy me a Sunshine Doll set and Dollhouse for the one Christmas gift that I got....setting up the nativity creche with my mom's treasured set (which I have now.)
michiganmom116
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this

With my kids, I love the memories of making gingerbread houses every year, making ornaments for the tree, picking out the tree (and letting them decorate), making cookies...I hope to leave them with some special memories.

AzariahsMother
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

All holiday's spent with my mother.

cjsmom1
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Ds's 2nd Christmas is the best Christmas I've ever had. He was so excited to open his gifts and loved every one of them. There is no replacing the joy I saw on his face that day.

I also loved that his dad was so happy. My ex doesn't care about holidays (he had some horrible experiences growing up), but whenever anyone asked how his Christmas was that year he said great because he got to see the smile on our sons face. And that nothing could replace ds's joy that day.

cjsmom1
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Last Thanks giving was also great, it was my first Thanksgiving living on my own. I made everything by myself and had about 10 people over (my ds, ex, my sister, and some friends). I was so proud of myself for making the whole meal and not ruining it, I'm not a great cook and am still learning. Plus it really was a lot of fun.

momto3isme
by Dawn on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Dd's first Christmas we were so excited to help her open her presents and afterward she just wanted to play with the boxes and none of here new toys.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)