Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

So, I finally decided to have my son's second birthday at a community center near my house. It is only costing me five bucks an hour and I dont have to worry about having all those people at my house :) Anyway, can you gals think of some low cost things we can do there? It is really huge. I am going to bring his little slide, his tunnel and his ball pit. There will be a lot of adults too. What have you done in the past? Any cute ideas for food even? I am ordering an ice cream cake...

baby
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:25 AM
Replies (31-40):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Quoting suziejax:

Gone Fishing Game  

Kids who are 5 and 6 love this party game where they fish for prizes!  This game needs small prizes, fishing poles made from bamboo sticks, yarn, clothespins and something large that will hide an adult such as an appliance cardboard box, a hallway or doorway covered with a sheet or a tablecloth placed over a card table.   The adult hides inside the water without the children seeing them and then the kids cast their line.  When the line put in the "water" then the adult clips a wrapped candy or small toy to the clothespin.   The child then reels in their prize.  Kids are amazed at this game and want to play it over and over!

He is only two, so some games are a little hard for his age group.

baby
Stevensmomma
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Music for the kids like the chicken dance, hokey poky etc. Play dough, face paint, finger paint

cjsmom1
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM

That's a great price

cjsmom1

I got all the supplies at the dollar store (table cloth, plates, napkins, etc)

cjsmom1

Kids music

cjsmom1
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I would always keep the food simple; pasta salad, wings, hot dogs, chips

Remember you want foods that both the kids and adults will enjoy and you don't want to have to worry about having to do a lot of cooking before the party.

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I have done that mostly each year Gotta love Dollar Tree!

Quoting cjsmom1:

I got all the supplies at the dollar store (table cloth, plates, napkins, etc)

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM

agreed!

Quoting cjsmom1:

Kids music

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM

SO sorry hun I don't know why I was thinking you said 5!!!! Silly me! Some are still good for 2 yr olds at least

Quoting jbyrd898:

Quoting suziejax:

Gone Fishing Game  

Kids who are 5 and 6 love this party game where they fish for prizes!  This game needs small prizes, fishing poles made from bamboo sticks, yarn, clothespins and something large that will hide an adult such as an appliance cardboard box, a hallway or doorway covered with a sheet or a tablecloth placed over a card table.   The adult hides inside the water without the children seeing them and then the kids cast their line.  When the line put in the "water" then the adult clips a wrapped candy or small toy to the clothespin.   The child then reels in their prize.  Kids are amazed at this game and want to play it over and over!

He is only two, so some games are a little hard for his age group.

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM
I'm not good at planning parties to be honest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN