Group Home

Goals that motivate

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:32 AM
  • 13 Replies

What are some goals that motivate you?

baby
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 6, 2012 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Our biggest goal was moving and we accomplished that.

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

the feeling of freedom we have had each time a bill would get paid off even if small one

othermom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Getting bills paid off so that we don't have to worry about them any more and will free up extra money

Stevensmomma
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting suziejax:

the feeling of freedom we have had each time a bill would get paid off even if small one

I would have to agree with that!

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

also seeing money grow to buy a bigger purchase. I love the fact we no longer use credit. We do however have to wait now for larger purchases but it feels gratifying at the end of it knowing we had control and now don't owe a credit card bill

FindersKeepers
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Short term goals motivate me more than long term.   I break up my goals into small managable chunks to stay motivated.    At work we had to do SMART goals... (Specific, Measurable, Acheivable, Realistic, Time Bound).   So instead of saying "I want to save $60k" or "I want to lose 20lbs".... I write down, "I want to save $2000 this year"... or "I want to lose 1lbs per week this month.".

So even though I do have the long term goal... starting little helps me do it.   We do goals with the kids twice a year too... and little steps seems to work better for them too.

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Thinking about a bigger goal like getting our house in September and making these big goals so we can save money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Short term goals are instantly gratifying but in the end longer term goals are well worth the wait to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I think starting small has been a huge help for me. I messed up my credit and it's bad and it's currently destroyed because of being unemployed for so long. Right now I am keeping on top of my current bills, saving, and will soon start working on paying off my debt. It's a hard road but so worth it.

momto3isme
by Dawn on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM
To build up our emergency fund and a down payment for our own house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement