Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

kids and shampoo/body wash

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM
  • 15 Replies

What age do you switch your kids from baby shampoo and body wash to 'kid' shampoo and body wash or do you skip the 'kid' stuff and go straight to the 'adult' products? I have a (almost) 7 year old, 4 year old and a 1 month old and I just switched my 7 year old to a 'kid' shampoo/body wash :)

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReesesPieces
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM
We use all natural stuff, so they already use what an adult would use - just no harsh chemicals. My kids are all under 7.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:28 AM

I switched shampoos when they were old enough to understand to keep their eyes shut when rinsing.  We don't use body wash, just a cocoa butter or Dove bath bar that's good for everybody's skin (although the guys want something more "manly" so they use Irish Spring.)

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:33 AM

I use a wash for my son that I get from Earthfare, it is chemical free, and though it is labeled as kids stuff, anyone can use it, so I dont plan on changing anytime soon.

Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:19 AM

I think when she was about the age of 6 and she could do more things for herself. We don't use body wash as I am allergic to a lot of stuff we just use Dove.

lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM

i think that is an appropriate age.

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:38 AM
I already switched my 20 month old to a kids 2-in-1. We also use it on our 4 yo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM

My kids just switched to the kid stuff and they are 2 and 3

FindersKeepers
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:19 PM

The kids never used kids body wash... they went from baby to Dove which is gentle enough for everyone.   Shampoo.... DS was really young... 4ish when he started using my DH shampoo.     DD used kids shampoo until 7-8 because of the detangler.   After that she changed to an adult shampoo that was intended for her hair type. 

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:44 PM

about age 5-7 

embrigmom
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I think the 7yr old would be okay on the adult stuff. Your 4yr old may be able to use adult body wash but would keep using a kids shampoo if its gentel on the eyes other wise would just use adult stuff. And keep using baby stuff for the baby but I'm sure you know that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN