Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

It's working!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:16 AM
  • 21 Replies
3 moms liked this

I don't know if you remember, but my electric bill for May (due in June) was almost $475!!!  I took some drastic measures (not cooking with stove or oven, used NO air conditioning, plugging everything but major appliances into power strips and turning them off, etc.) and my bill for June (due in July) was $297.  I unplugged and defrosted an upright freezer, turned the other freezers to lowest setting, lived without AC until it got unbearable, got even more drastic with power use, and then my oldest son moved out 2 1/2 weeks ago (he had his TV and gaming system and computer running all the time after he got home from work.)

I just got the bill for July (due the end of this month) and it's

$238.24!

That's HALF of what it was 2 months ago!

dancing

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:17 AM

great job!

cjsmom1
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Great job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Awesome!

SweetMama823
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Yay!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momsince1989
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:04 PM

that's awesome and encouraging thanks for the reminder :)

campingmomof4
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:58 PM

great job

My electric bill was $298.00 for July.  Not to bad sense my whole house is electric and we have had the a/c on all of July.  

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Great job! How awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MDWife12
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:36 PM

WOOHOOOO!!! Congrats, I love when a bill goes down :)

That is crazy high though, we have our water/electric/sewer in one bill and at the MOST it has ever been is 232 (and that is for the month of July) otherwise it is around 120-170. I would die if I saw one of my utility bills up to $400!!!

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Quoting MDWife12:

WOOHOOOO!!! Congrats, I love when a bill goes down :)

That is crazy high though, we have our water/electric/sewer in one bill and at the MOST it has ever been is 232 (and that is for the month of July) otherwise it is around 120-170. I would die if I saw one of my utility bills up to $400!!!

Trust me, I just about did!

We have a 2000+ sq. ft. home and 6 people living in it at the time.  That's a lot of laundry, showers, electric use.  The house is all electric except for the furnaces, and they even need electricity to run the blowers.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM

We have 3300 square feet (he heats and cools the basement) and our home is total electric. Last months bill was $166.41..I would die if I ever got a bill $400...this was one of our highest bills since our dd and 6 grandkids were here for 2 weeks. I am so proud of your efforts in saving...from what I am hearing the electric companies are going to raise our rates substantially...I know I will cut back on everything, not that I am wasting now, just saying.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN