Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

I admit it. I have a new obsession. It's Pinterest. Not that I am on it every waking moment, but I check it out almost every day. I'm not re-doing a home, I'm not planning a wedding or decorating a nursery and I'm definitely not shopping for a total wardrobe revamp, as money is tight these days (when isn't it, huh?).

But, in a funny way, Pinterest saves me money. By looking around to see ideas and inspirations for so many things, It really makes me narrow what I like and what I don't -- which I jot down and keep with me as I do shop. I don't get swayed by just what I see any more. I'm picking and choosing carefully what I spend money on, to try to channel that pin that makes me gooey inside. I see some pins for ideas for great outfits ideas, ones that can incorporate items I already have and I note what I need to pull it all together - saving me from wasting money on things that won't work with items I already own.

Right, it sounds a little funny, but those inspiration boards are inspiring me to be a savvy shopper. And don't forget the great DIY ideas for crafts and presents and home décor...a huge money saver.

What about you - are you on Pinterest? Do you have sites that have inspired you to be a savvier shopper?

©iStockphoto.com/BeholdingEye     

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-49):
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Pinterest! It saves a ton :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:31 PM
I like Pinterest for craft ideas and recipes.
Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I heart Pinterest.  I'm addicted.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Never been on pinterest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tayanddyl
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I have an account but I'm hardly on there

bertie4
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I don't go on Pinterest much at all but it is interesting.

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Never heard of Tip junkie

Quoting Amy127:

Thanks for mentioning tip junkie. I never heard of it but just checked it out. Looks pretty similar but already organized for you. No pinning but all the information.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I'm not on Pinterest. I prefer tip junkie

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:46 PM
I love pinterest and it helps me with recipes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tatkins
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I love Pinterest also. I am always finding "homemeade" cleaners, recipes, and more for super cheap! Lots of great ideas for the kiddos activities as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN