Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

I admit it. I have a new obsession. It's Pinterest. Not that I am on it every waking moment, but I check it out almost every day. I'm not re-doing a home, I'm not planning a wedding or decorating a nursery and I'm definitely not shopping for a total wardrobe revamp, as money is tight these days (when isn't it, huh?).

But, in a funny way, Pinterest saves me money. By looking around to see ideas and inspirations for so many things, It really makes me narrow what I like and what I don't -- which I jot down and keep with me as I do shop. I don't get swayed by just what I see any more. I'm picking and choosing carefully what I spend money on, to try to channel that pin that makes me gooey inside. I see some pins for ideas for great outfits ideas, ones that can incorporate items I already have and I note what I need to pull it all together - saving me from wasting money on things that won't work with items I already own.

Right, it sounds a little funny, but those inspiration boards are inspiring me to be a savvy shopper. And don't forget the great DIY ideas for crafts and presents and home décor...a huge money saver.

What about you - are you on Pinterest? Do you have sites that have inspired you to be a savvier shopper?

©iStockphoto.com/BeholdingEye     

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
Stevensmomma
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:46 PM
I have to check it out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
Finally home with my family and im loving it. Until i have to get ready to go back to my mom's to take care of her im ENJOYING myself ♥
Yesterday at 12:18 PM
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM
I'm on pinterest also. Just starting to get use to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I agree

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:33 PM

yes i am on pinterest.. and i love it.  It does inspire you to do things at home :)

TJandKarasMom
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I love Pinterest!  I have found so many great ideas, and even just some inspirational words when I've needed them.  I'm excited to start making things for Christmas :)

Moms_Angels1960
Do you ever just get tired of crap? I know I am feeling that way lately.
Yesterday at 6:52 PM
by Cheryl on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I am addicted to Pinterest, I look and have made many, many things on there & am planning on doing more just as soon as the garden is done & I have more time then.

mallowcup17
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:51 AM

yes. i dont use it much anymore but i found tons of ways to save money 

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I've never been there, but from what I read about it, it sounds very useful.

elasmimi
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I don't look at a lot of boards, I'm too busy with my own. I do have a household tips board.

daerca574
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:48 AM

I am not on pintrest enough evidently! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement