Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

It's Be An Angel Day: Frugal Ways to Be an Angel

Posted by   + Show Post

Today, according to Daysoftheyear.com, is Be an Angel Day. Now, I don't know about you, but I do not fit in Kiddo's fairy wings, so donning wings and a halo may be a stretch. But there are some ways we can be an angel...and actually not cost you much money to spread some happiness, which as we all know is priceless.

Donate blood - Contact the American Red Cross or your hospital to find out when you can give blood.

Bake and bring - Break out that cookie dough or muffin tin. Bake a batch of yummies and drop it at the local firehouse or your pediatrician's office.

Write something that helps - It can be a mass email to church members with a recipe that saves folks money or a scoop on a great hidden restaurant gem in your neighborhood for the PTA newsletter, pass along knowledge and life hints.

Give your time - Does the older lady in your building want to chat? How about that 12-year-old girl next door who always comes over when you are weeding? Take time to talk and perhaps more importantly, listen.

Smile - Free and fantastic, a smile goes a long way. For that checkout lady who has six folks behind you to deal with or maybe that person you just pass in the parking lot, lift the edges of your mouth and spread some joy.

How are you an angel (even a frugal one)?

©iStockphoto.com/snake3d   

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-44):
Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I always volunteer my time around our city.

bertie4
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Did more than I had to today for a coworker, helping her with her job.

bertie4
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I give blood when they come to our local town.

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Aug. 27, 2012 at 6:19 PM

I lvoe these ideas!:) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement