Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's hard to save, pay off debt, stay on budget, and stay on track financially.

So as a reminder of how great we're all doing brag about what you've accomplished over the last few months. No matter how big or small.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Replies (21-30):
dawnnamarie
by Dawn on Aug. 16, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Yeah I know... I can't imagine cheating in the father of my child while he's in a war zone... I'm sure it's a rough thing to deal with, but I'm not one to take vows lightly!!!
She emptied over 30 k out of his bank account right before they seperated. But since they were married, he couldn't really do anything about it :(

Quoting cjsmom1:

Congratulations!

Getting caught up on bills is a great thing.

That was a horrible thing for his ex to do.

Quoting dawnnamarie:

We have all our bills caught up!! I just paid off my capital one card in full. Kept it in case of an emergency, so we don't have to dig into savings. I also cancelled my victoria secret card last. I never use it.

I'm getting married may 18, 2013. We plan on refinancing the house that was just bought in my name- so wee been doing lots of credit control on him. (his credit blows because ex took out a bunch of stuff in his name when they were separated while he was deployed to afghanistan. Stupid girl )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 6:50 PM
I completely agree, too many people don't take marriage seriously.
that's terrible

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Yeah I know... I can't imagine cheating in the father of my child while he's in a war zone... I'm sure it's a rough thing to deal with, but I'm not one to take vows lightly!!!

She emptied over 30 k out of his bank account right before they seperated. But since they were married, he couldn't really do anything about it :(

Quoting cjsmom1:

Congratulations!

Quoting dawnnamarie:

We have all our bills caught up!! I just paid off my capital one card in full. Kept it in case of an emergency, so we don't have to dig into savings. I also cancelled my victoria secret card last. I never use it.

I'm getting married may 18, 2013. We plan on refinancing the house that was just bought in my name- so wee been doing lots of credit control on him. (his credit blows because ex took out a bunch of stuff in his name when they were separated while he was deployed to afghanistan. Stupid girl )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsJaiClark
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 6:59 PM

It has helped us out A LOT. Our electric company also has a energy saver program where it is cheaper at certain hours. I need to start paying attention to that and using most of the electricity then, it's just hard to do when you have 8 people coming and going at different times.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I am thinking more and more of paying ahead on our electric.

Quoting MrsJaiClark:

It is Dh that I will brag on. He is WONDERFUL at budgeting and paying bills. So much so that many months we have credits instead of bills! He still pays even when we have a credit so when winter gets here and the bills skyrocket we can often skip a month or months! We are by no means wealthy. We struggle, but because of Dh's habits it is apparent of how much we do NOT struggle when others are.

ETA: Ok I will brag on myself too...I have started price matching and have been able to save my family quite a bit just in the couple weeks I have been doing it! :)

dawnnamarie
by Dawn on Aug. 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM
But I never would have probably ended up with him if she wouldn't have messed up so bad. By living well is the best revenge. So I won and it all came out with a happy ending for us!!!
And proof karma is a bitch- she's now married to a man who was on house arrest when they met. She works minimum wage. He got fired as a dishwasher at a local restaurant and is currently unemployed. So now she doesn't have access to unlimited cash flow and it really bothers her since she's a very vain person !!

Quoting cjsmom1:

that's terrible

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Quoting cjsmom1:

Congratulations!

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM
I 100% agree, karma's a bitch.

Quoting dawnnamarie:

But I never would have probably ended up with him if she wouldn't have messed up so bad. By living well is the best revenge. So I won and it all came out with a happy ending for us!!!

And proof karma is a bitch- she's now married to a man who was on house arrest when they met. She works minimum wage. He got fired as a dishwasher at a local restaurant and is currently unemployed. So now she doesn't have access to unlimited cash flow and it really bothers her since she's a very vain person !!

Quoting cjsmom1:

that's terrible

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Quoting cjsmom1:

Congratulations!

Quoting dawnnamarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MDWife12
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband started working again :) He was laid off, expecting the job to start back up again when it got warm out only to find out that the owner of the company decided not to do another season, anyway we found him a job and he has been there since June. He was doing concrete and sheet metal now he is doing commercial roofs as well as sheet metal :). Since he has started working again we have been able to get caught back up on our bills and get back on track :)

MDWife12
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

How does a debt consolidation loan work?

Quoting michiganmom116:

We saved over $4000 in interest alone by taking out a debt consolidation loan with a super low interest rate.

michiganmom116
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM

We talked to our favorite bank officer and she helped us find what we needed.  The bank loaned us the money to pay off our credit cards (which are now frozen in ice) and since their interest rate was only 2.49% over the next 5 years vs. 23.99% on the credit cards for the next 9 years, it saves us over $4000 over the life of the loan.

Quoting MDWife12:

How does a debt consolidation loan work?

Quoting michiganmom116:

We saved over $4000 in interest alone by taking out a debt consolidation loan with a super low interest rate.

cjsmom1
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:39 PM
That's wonderful

Quoting MDWife12:

My husband started working again :) He was laid off, expecting the job to start back up again when it got warm out only to find out that the owner of the company decided not to do another season, anyway we found him a job and he has been there since June. He was doing concrete and sheet metal now he is doing commercial roofs as well as sheet metal :). Since he has started working again we have been able to get caught back up on our bills and get back on track :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MDWife12
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Yes it is! Especially since his unemployment was ending in June - we were freaking out and he was applying everywhere from basically March (when he found out they weren't doing another season) up through June until he got that job!

Quoting cjsmom1:

That's wonderful

Quoting MDWife12:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)