Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Thursday Thrifty Throwdown: Holiday Countdown! 14 Weeks To Go!

Posted by   + Show Post

Merry Thursday, folks. We are looking at 14 weeks and counting. How's it going? I know we are kind of preoccupied with Back to School stuff, packing those lunch boxes, getting backpacks stuffed, but we have holiday preparations to tackle too. Now, we can't bake those gingerbread cookies quite yet and it's hard to start wrapping the gifts, but there is one thing we can plan ahead for: that holiday card. In an ideal setting, we'd get them stamped, addressed and at the post office by mid November, but we all know that timetable has a mind of its own.

One thing you can do now is take that holiday family photo...maybe you will use one from your vacation or maybe you need a new picture of the family to print and send to the masses...either way, you can get on it now and check it off your to-do list.

If you have to take a new one, instead of the usual pose in front of the fireplace, how about one of these new fun ideas for your photo?

-- Play tourist. Head into your town and take a picture at a cool local spot. Here in NYC, we have a ton of options, but I like the off-beat, kitschy places like in front of the LOVE sculpture or on the subway.

-- Just play. Go to the local playground and pile onto the slide or get swinging. It's the perfect place to capture the family having fun.

-- Match it up. Many folks do a white button-down shirt and jeans uniform, which looks snazzy, but think beyond that. How about matching pajamas? You can re-use them, which is cool. The holiday ones can be pricey, so maybe red bottoms and white tops or a variety of plaids. Pile onto the bed and snap it there.

-- Top it off. An easy and super inexpensive way to make any photo card-worthy is to have everyone wear a Santa hat. Think about it...you can even put one on the dog.

Do you send a holiday card with a photo? What do you do? Where do you pose? Dare I ask you to share them here...please? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/Alija        

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-37):
captain..
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:17 AM

OMG that makes my due date not seem so far away! :D

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:20 PM

nope never have

suziejax
by Suzie on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I think they are neat I might try it this year?!

momto3isme
by Dawn on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:05 PM

no we don't do photo cards for Christmas. 

momto3isme
by Dawn on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Quoting ceciliam:

This was last years photo card.....it was only my 2nd year doing them.

So Cute!

momto3isme
by Dawn on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Quoting dusky_rose:

I make up a Christmas collage to send out. This was last year's:

Really Nice!

dusky_rose
by Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Thanks!

Quoting momto3isme:

Quoting dusky_rose:

I make up a Christmas collage to send out. This was last year's:

Really Nice!

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN